The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

question re spare for trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikebxb

2012 BOSS 302 0782 no mods yet
Texas
I recently got my boss .. had it 2 weeks now.
i have the factory air pump but no donut.
i will be scrounging for tires soon as i'll need to replace these Pirellis by year end
The run flats are way expensive I've had them on previous fiberglass vehicles .
so for NOW AND future I wonder if I could locate a mustang GT "donut" emergency tire? would it fit in a pinch?

The factory Mustang spare wheel and tire options will only work on the rear

They will not clear the Brembo brakes in front

I carry the 18" aluminum spare wheel/tire, jack and lug wrench in my Boss

I normally run a "square" setup all around so if I had a flat in the front, I would need to rotate a rear tire to the front and use the spare on the rear

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
I put a full size spare on an original rear wheel (I went to SVE drifts all around). It fits in the spare tire well, sits just a little higher but with the mat down it's almost invisible. Bought an aluminum jack and torque wrench from Harbor Freight, keep them in the trunk. Good to go!

BLAZN BOSS

I went through all this before i went on my trip to Charlotte before the 50th annv. My daughter has a 2010 v6 mustang. Her doughnut spare is larger diameter than the rear tires on a Boss. If used on the rear of your car it will make your posi traction not a happy camper. I looked all this up on tire web sites. What I did was buy a used rear Boss rim and tire, fits in the spare well in the trunk. I figure its what i need if i get a rear flat, and will work on the front if i need to get the tire fixed/replaced.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel