The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Questions About Tow Rings/Hooks for Track Days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
Hooks with shipping was about $265
Install took all day, so about $500
But we can't put a price on fun can we? ;D

Looks great Wayne, just stay on track even if you have them ::)

Drew, I also got mine from MultiMatic at $225, they were nice enough to sent them on the truck to Homestead. Can't ask for better service then that ;D

drano38

Wayne
Scott,
I agree, its one of those mods we hope to never use.

But I do hope I can also use the front hook to winch the car onto the trailer.

2012YellowBoss said:
drano38 said:
Scott,

Easy way to stay on track is watch my vids and do the exact opposite :D

I have pulled the car up twice now with them, so nice not having to crawl underneath anymore!
Mine came in handy this weekend. First time I've winched it onto the trailer. I got to use my remote key fob for the winch and didn't have to Dukes of Hazzard out the window :p

cloud9 said:
2012YellowBoss said:
drano38 said:
Scott,

Easy way to stay on track is watch my vids and do the exact opposite :D

I have pulled the car up twice now with them, so nice not having to crawl underneath anymore!

Mine came in handy this weekend. First time I've winched it onto the trailer. I got to use my remote key fob for the winch and didn't have to Dukes of Hazzard out the window :p

But the Dukes of Hazzard style looks so much Cooler!! 8)

Adding tow hooks looks to be my next mod. Does anyone have photos of the brackets welded to the bumpers they can post? I've noticed that some members, DaddyFixer comes to mind, that have the front hook exposed just under the painted part of the front bumper so you cut a hole in the lower valance and not the bumper. That would be my preference but I'm not sure what the brackets are welded to. I like the idea of the bolt on front tow hook that one member is working on but don't want to give up on my lower grille Mike made.

drano38 said:
20120523194658.jpg

20120523195647.jpg

drano38

Wayne
Rick,
I don't have any pics of the front plate welded on the bumper.
I'm sure you've seen pics of the front bumper clip removed. The bumper top angles down toward the rear, so the front hook bracket is bent to follow that shape. I don't know how the bottom of the bumper is shaped, and therefore, don't know if the bracket would follow its contours, or where it would cause the bracket to come thru the clip.

Maybe Boss_302 can help you out. Post #866 for his pic thru the lower facia.
https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/winter-mods/855/

Here's a pic of the Multimatic hooks Scott and I have.
fr500ctowhookkit001.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel