The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

Questions re:tunes which disable AdvanceTrac

s9669s

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
I have an early 2011 GT with the steering anti-nibble that happens at higher speeds only if I shut off stability control. At this point it's pretty mild, but I am still on stock bushings which helps mitigate it.

I know there are tunes which shut off AdvanceTrac, like AED's race tunes. Does anyone know how the steering nibble flaw responds to these tunes?

Do these tunes function the same as the 302S ABS modules? It seems like they have a similar effect on lighting up the dash...

Thanks!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Reaction score
My AED race tune leaves all the lights on just like the 302S ABS module but I imagine that the module has a more aggresive ABS program. As far as "antinibble" really never noted anything that might fit that expression. You get used to the lights after a while......

s9669s

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
The anti-nibble flaw is present in (some/all?) 2011-2012 EPAS racks. It causes a shudder or side-to-side feedback in the steering wheel under certain conditions when stability control is shut off.

It is typically fixed by replacing the rack with one from a 2013/2014 car or the Ford Motorport rack, but I was looking to see if a tune which shuts off traction control averts the issue as well... 2 birds, one stone.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Reaction score
The anti-nibble flaw is present in (some/all?) 2011-2012 EPAS racks. It causes a shudder or side-to-side feedback in the steering wheel under certain conditions when stability control is shut off.

It is typically fixed by replacing the rack with one from a 2013/2014 car or the Ford Motorport rack, but I was looking to see if a tune which shuts off traction control averts the issue as well... 2 birds, one stone.
Now that you mention it. Long time back, my steering wheel did come to be possesed a couple of times at the track using the tsc button.. But with the TSC full off in the tune it has never happened again.

s9669s

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
Coming back to close the loop on this in case it helps someone else... My 'road race' tune disables all of the stability and traction control, and lights up the dash like the 302S module. However, I do still get the steering nibble on the highway.

It looks like a later steering rack is the only guaranteed fix...

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors