The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Quick Install Boss 302S PCV Delete/Oil Separator/Breather For You Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just updated the thread in the How-To with this info:

I am currently taking orders for the next round of these. I have had about 15 ask for payment info and only received replies back from two of them. If you want in please send me a PM again. I need a few more people to order the next round of parts.

FAQ's

Do I need this breather for my car?

No, you do not "need" this for your car. For street driving any after market oil separator will remove some of oil before it reaches the intake. If you do more spirited driving or track your Boss you still don't need it but it would be a very good idea to have.

What are the benefits of this setup?

It will remove pressure, loss of vacuum and stop sucking "dirty" air back into engine. All of this adds HP and you will suck zero oil into the intake and engine. With this kit you retain all of your factory parts and can easily reattach them after the track day or for state inspection.

Are there any down sides to installing this setup?

Yes, it is not good for the environment but our cars without the PCV attached are not going to cause global warming. Some people have reported the smell of fumes inside the cabin, I have never had this problem but do not discount the people that have. With the AC on recirculate you should not get this and even without (IMO) it will not be enough to hurt you (again my opinion only).

Do you have one ready to ship to me?

No, I will make them as orders come in and are pre-paid. I had to lay out several thousand dollars just to make up the first twelve of these. When I made the first run of these three people backed out after I spend the money for them, I am not a business and can not afford to continue that way. Depending on how many orders I get turn around time could be two weeks or more.

If you need something faster Rehagen Racing sells a kit. It is a little more expensive and needs to mounted to the firewall rather then the bracket but it may be quicker then mine.

Will this fit the 2012 and 2013 Boss?

Yes it will fit both, several kits I have made are mounted in cars from both years.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
The Rip said:
I was surprised whan I was at Miller last wee for Track Attack, they had no oil seperators on the BOSS cars.
Steve

That's surprising, given how much oil both my motors have passed through the PCV system. Those cars are constantly flogged on, you'd think they'd be some of the heaviest consumers around.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Scott:

Just got mine installed yesterday afternoon. It was a fun project for my 16 year old and I to do. Really an extremely nice kit....will serve us for many decades.

Thanks,

Wayne

Flyboygsxr said:
Any left for sale? I want one!

I will send you a PM, I still have a few unsold.

The Rip said:
I was surprised whan I was at Miller last week for Track Attack, they had no oil seperators on the BOSS cars.
Steve

I am not surprised, if they pop a motor they will just replace it. Ford is most likely paying 15 cents on the dollar for parts. The cars at Miller are suppose to be "race cars with a license plate" not full blown race cars. They did put in safety features like a roll bar, harnesses, and even changed the front brakes to a race type setup. However this was not done to make it a "race car" only for our safety consider many of us are beginners.

WorldFamousZ said:
I'm in (depending on pricing) as well.

Very nice kit. Good work. You can add me to the list and / or message me when further details are available :)

Pricing is here along with other information. https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4593.0
and here (long read) https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=880.0

It is $335 complete kit shipped without the side hose attached for shipping costs. They screw into place very easily. For $40 more I can send the canister complete with the hoses attached and custom fitted to my Boss. I only have a few left and right now the pricing on canisters has gone up $87 on Amazon.

Replies sent. I have almost all the parts including the OEM Ford parts that were very delayed with the first bunch of breathers. I am waiting on some swivel fitting and hose right now.

I still have a few kits left that have not been spoken for (paid). I have many more people who PMed they would like to buy a kit then I will be making but then did not respond. I can only reserve a kit when it is paid for, sorry but that is the only way I can do this right now. I do have two extra brackets made that can be sold for the people putting together their own setup.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Here is an embarassing picture of the breather installed in my dirty engine bay--that Tiger hood lets in a lot of the AZ dust!

380840_10100313392810294_1489869501_n.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Re: Quick Install Boss 302S PCV Delete/Oil Separator/ Breather For You Boss

Fat Boss said:
OMG that's friggin hilarious dude.

Scott I'm going to send you a check.

mwBgZiF.gif

TMO Supporting Vendors