The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Quick Install Boss 302S PCV Delete/Oil Separator/Breather For You Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaGT said:
Here is an embarassing picture of the breather installed in my dirty engine bay--that Tiger hood lets in a lot of the AZ dust!

380840_10100313392810294_1489869501_n.jpg
Dood and I thought mine was dirty. I guess that's the difference between going off in the desert and taking a spin through the alfalfa. The alfalfa stays nice and low trapped in the brake ducts.
20130501175017.jpg

Can someone briefly explain to me the difference between an oil separator and an oil breather? Pros/Cons about having the PCV into the intake manifold. I cant decide to get Bob's ultimate oil separator (similar to JLT just with better tubing/bracket) or this.

USNjocson said:
Out of curiosity, anyone running this kit with some sort of battery cover? While looking for CPC battery/master cylinder covers it crossed my mind.
I saw your post on the other forum. I think it will be tight as it's very close to the battery as it is now. You could always cut the cover a bit or squeeze the breather a little closer to the engine. Or relocate the battery to the trunk... ;D

IMG_2033_zps16c64ec9.jpg
IMG_2035_zps8e281b48.jpg

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
NFSBOSS said:
I saw your post on the other forum. I think it will be tight as it's very close to the battery as it is now. You could always cut the cover a bit or squeeze the breather a little closer to the engine. Or relocate the battery to the trunk... ;D

IMG_2033_zps16c64ec9.jpg
IMG_2035_zps8e281b48.jpg

How about a smaller race type battery up front?

NFSBOSS said:

IMG_2033_zps16c64ec9.jpg
IMG_2035_zps8e281b48.jpg

The battery is plastic so I could try to cut it. The can looks like its as far right as possible before it rubs against the engine.

VTBoss302 said:
Dig the FRPP sticker on your strut tower brace...

Linky???

VTBoss302
I've had it mounted there for almost two years and it still looks new. Here you go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A59-FORD-RACING-Emblem-Badge-Sticker-Decal-/280602458661?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415535ba25&vxp=mtr

Here's another one I like.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-RACING-DECAL-STICKER-/151012688514?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23290ec282&vxp=mtr

USNjocson said:
The battery is plastic so I could try to cut it. The can looks like its as far right as possible before it rubs against the engine.
Ordered an aluminium Ford Racing decal myself. Went a slightly different route though
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121010138850

There is another member wanting to get a kit put together. I would like to try and get two more people interested in getting the kit to try to hold down cost. Please PM me if interested or email sjrsw(@)yahoo.com .

I have been asked a hundred times why do I need this, here is one reason. I will try to get a pic of the intake also. Keep in mind I was one of the first to install this on a street Boss, the car had maybe 2,000 miles on it. It was expected some oil glaze in there but this is more then I could have imagined.

CIMG4167_zps0c169607.jpg

I have been asked a few questions about this canister setup. For those new to the site please check out this thread
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4593.msg71078#msg71078
it explains how the canister is installed and what parts come with it. As far as why this would be a good or bad mod depending on how you use you Boss please read here
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=880.0
it is a long read and talks about this canister-breather and other types of oil separators.

I did sell the last remaining can and even had a request for another. If you are on the fence please let me know by Monday so I can reorder the parts needed. The more I get at once the cheaper it will be.

YellowBoss said:
I did sell the last remaining can and even had a request for another. If you are on the fence please let me know by Monday so I can reorder the parts needed. The more I get at once the cheaper it will be.

A great bit of kit...

Improves upon the Watson setup with a no drill bracket..

Strike while the iron is still hot.

Hey Scott,
Saw your setup on a Yellow Boss at the Watkins Glen Phoenix CMR event and have wanted one ever since.
Could you set me up with one?
New to the forum!

--Will

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel