The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Quick Install Boss 302S PCV Delete/Oil Separator/Breather For You Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry bout this but one more bump here. I am placing an order tomorrow for hoses, fittings etc. if you want in please let me know ASAP. The cost is $350 shipped in the US, Canada pays actual shipping minus the average U.S. cost.

For the three guys that order last week they are getting done, waiting on some fitting to come in.

CIMG4209_zps9b180343.png

Some of the cans were shipped out, waiting on brackets and vacuum caps to complete the rest.

Please note, all cans are now shipped with the hoses attached and tightened. However you still need to adjust the snap on fittings on both of the tubes in the valve cover and then tighten the clamps there after you are happy with the position of them.

I ordered an extra setup, if interested please PM me here or email sjrsw (@) yahoo.com

I have a request to make a canister and the canisters themselves are at the cheap price right now. If I can get 3 people the cost is $350, 5-6 $340 and 7-10 people $330, that is shipping included to the US, Canada or other area actual cost -$11. Different pricing has to do with overall shipping costs for the materials to put the breather together.

Please let me know here by PM or email at sjrsw (@) yahoo.com

For new member please read the first post in this thread or here
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4593.0

FAQ's are here but feel free to ask any other questions
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4593.msg76286#msg76286

The canister listed above is sold. I did order all the other parts to make several more kits, just have to wait until the canisters return to Amazon for the good price. It usually takes a week or two until they list them again. I can reserve a kit for anyone that wants one and can wait. If someone needs a kit faster I can get the canister from a different place with an account I have, it would cost $70 more.

As always PM me here or email.

cosm3os said:
Do I understand correctly that this does the job of 2 oil seperators (d and p sides) and does a better job?

On the stock setup the air is drawn in from the airbox tube into the drivers side valve cover. It is clean fresh air and therefor no need for an oil separator, selling them is a scam. This is also why the fitting in the drivers valve cover is just a hollow tube. The passenger side consists of a PCV valve and runs off vacuum at the intake to clean out the air (blow-by gasses) trapped on both sides.

Adding an oil separator to the drivers side will do nothing, adding one to the passenger side will take out some but not all the oil vapors re-entering the engine via the intake. This setup is not a oil separator, it by-passes the system completely and acts like a vent. Without the PCV system or vent, pressure will build up and may cause gaskets to fail. Also without evacuating or venting the vapors it could cause corrosion.

To determine if a vented setup or an oil separator is needed for you please read here:
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4593.msg76286#msg76286
If you still have questions please feel free to ask.

BTW the cost right now is $340 based on the number of kits I bought parts for.

I want to thank this last group of guys for putting up with long delays getting these breathers together. The days of the cheap canisters look to be over, Amazon has not listed them and the one supplier on that site just raised the price from $177 to $212. I was able to get a few canisters from another supplier at a very decent price but I am still waiting. They did tell me of a big price increase and it looks like they were telling the truth. There was also a shortage of the -10 -12 AN fitting but they should be here this week.

If that was not enough the brackets for the canisters were accidently made incorrect, I am still waiting on them since the holiday set them back. For the guys still waiting that received the incorrect bracket I have not forgotten about you and will ship them the day they are made. I will have two or three canisters left over when all the parts arrive. After that I may not be doing these for a while since I ended up losing on all of these details, extra shipping etc.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
YellowBoss said:
I want to thank this last group of guys for putting up with long delays getting these breathers together. The days of the cheap canisters look to be over, Amazon has not listed them and the one supplier on that site just raised the price from $177 to $212. I was able to get a few canisters from another supplier at a very decent price but I am still waiting. They did tell me of a big price increase and it looks like they were telling the truth. There was also a shortage of the -10 -12 AN fitting but they should be here this week.

If that was not enough the brackets for the canisters were accidently made incorrect, I am still waiting on them since the holiday set them back. For the guys still waiting that received the incorrect bracket I have not forgotten about you and will ship them the day they are made. I will have two or three canisters left over when all the parts arrive. After that I may not be doing these for a while since I ended up losing on all of these details, extra shipping etc.
Still Available??
Cost?

Scott's setup is the BEST around and well worth the wait!!!
We should be thankful he is going through all the hassle to put those kits together.

^ thanks for the comments :-[ This round has not gone well at all but the good news is the guys that got the backwards brackets will have the new ones in the mail tomorrow morning.

TMO Supporting Vendors