The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Quick question about rear seat delete weight capacity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys! Would you put a set of tires on top of your LS rear seat delete to get a second set of tires to the track? Or put two on the seat delete and two in the truck? Do you think the material could hold two wheels w/o damaging the material underneath?

Thanks a ton.

Welcome to BMO. The fiberglass or whatever it is made of is relatively strong but I wouldn't put more than two tires on it. The key will be to gently put the tires in the car without dropping them. I think the material can handle the static weight of the tires but not the impact.

I carry two tires and tools on mine all the time and yes NFSBOSS is right on, static weight is OK. D

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

10-4 guys.. I tried searching everywhere and couldn't find the answer anywhere.. You guys will see me around here some more.

TMO Supporting Vendors