The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Quick question on stripe decals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I have a 2013 in White. The thin stripe that sits below the thick stripe on the drivers side door has a couple of chips. Does anyone know where I can find these stripes and if I need to purchase a full kit or can I find the stripe itself? I've been researching online but can't seem to find any place that will sell individual stripes. Thanks!

You should be able to purchase each section of the stripes separate; door section, fender, rear fender, etc. You cannot purchase each individual stripe itself, (skinny trim vs wide center). You will need to purchase the complete door stripe. They are expensive though.

Your dealer may warranty that - if you have a decent relationship anyway. I've read several threads here and elsewhere on getting them replaced - I want to get my hood done but I've heard dealers are not well trained in removal and installation and well a small blemish just isn't worth the risk = that's why I know

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Try warranty first, if that doesn't work, go to www.bobwhitedecals.com and get a set from there for a fraction of the dealer price. I have a set from him in my garage for my 2012 and they are dead-on.

Viper1mx said:
Your dealer may warranty that - if you have a decent relationship anyway. I've read several threads here and elsewhere on getting them replaced - I want to get my hood done but I've heard dealers are not well trained in removal and installation and well a small blemish just isn't worth the risk = that's why I know

My ride is at the dealer as we speak and they won't cover it. FYI - it's at the dealer to replace the rear diff pinion seal that is leaking. I'm trying to see if they will replace the clutch pressure plate as I've heard there is a TSB for that. Sometimes the shifter won't go into gear. They also asked me why I removed the spring assist in the clutch lol. I told them the clutch was sticking to the floor during high rev shifts and this was the only remedy out there. Maybe I shouldn't have said that idk.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Try warranty first, if that doesn't work, go to www.bobwhitedecals.com and get a set from there for a fraction of the dealer price. I have a set from him in my garage for my 2012 and they are dead-on.

PERFECT!! Thank you!

ArizonaBOSS said:

he doesn't have the reflective stripes. :(

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
yankeehick said:

True but other than that they do look good. I beleive Capt Distraction has a set on his car and they look just as good as my OEM stripes, better actually as I too have chunks missing from track debris.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
yankeehick said:

Did you talk to them? I know they offer reflective material for the 2012 stripes; I don't see why they can't for 2013 stripes.

Ford has a patten on the type of 3-M reflective material used for the 13 stripes. You can get reflective stripes but they won't match the OE.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Did you talk to them? I know they offer reflective material for the 2012 stripes; I don't see why they can't for 2013 stripes.

yea I talked to him...he said there wasn't anything he could do. I kept thinking that if I had a non-reflective thin stripe under the thick stripe it wouldn't be that noticeable even when the light hits it. He completely disagreed and said it wouldn't look good at all. Anyway, on a side note, FORD called me today and said they would be replacing the clutch. What part of the clutch, I haven't a clue yet. It could be the pressure plate, but I should find out today and keep you updated.

Flight96

69 Mustang Vert Restomod BOSS 351 & 2013 BOSS 302
I had the same problem with my stipes. Mine was on the LF fender down at the botton right on the corner. It looked like a chip and it was starting to peel. My dealership had no problem doing it under warranty. Tell your dealership that you want to talk to the regional manager.

Flight96 said:
I had the same problem with my stipes. Mine was on the LF fender down at the botton right on the corner. It looked like a chip and it was starting to peel. My dealership had no problem doing it under warranty. Tell your dealership that you want to talk to the regional manager.

I will surely do this my friend. Might as well get the regional on the line now while the car is still there. Found out I am indeed getting a new pressure plate installed - part coming next week. Thanks for the advice all!

TMO Supporting Vendors