The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Quick Tip - Clear Flood Mode

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A quick tip - our cars are equipped with a "clear flood mode". This means if you crank the car over with the gas pedal pressed down all the way to the floor, the computer will prevent the car from starting by disabling the fuel injectors.
This is helpful after an oil change if you want the engine to build up oil pressure before allowing the engine to start.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I could have used this four days ago! :eek: As I was finishing up my oil cooler install, I was thinking, "Would have been helpful if there was a way to crank the engine without firing it up...it'd be so easy to program."

Thanks for posting! 8) It'll come in handy next time!

I'm also sure there's a free diagnostic mode. There's one for the SN95 cars that I used on my 2000. I think it would display some DTCs and some other info.

Grant 302 said:
I could have used this four days ago! :eek: As I was finishing up my oil cooler install, I was thinking, "Would have been helpful if there was a way to crank the engine without firing it up...it'd be so easy to program."

Thanks for posting! 8) It'll come in handy next time!

I'm also sure there's a free diagnostic mode. There's one for the SN95 cars that I used on my 2000. I think it would display some DTCs and some other info.

The other more complicated (well, not real complicated!) way to do this is remove the fuel pump relay fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. When using clear flood method, be careful that you don't lift you foot a little as it will take off in a hurry!

TMO Supporting Vendors