The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Quick Turn on Brake Pads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First time poster and wanted to thank everyone up front for all the knowledge I have gleaned on the here over the last few months. My wallet, however, does not thank you ;)

So...I thought my track season was over and there is now a session added that I want to attend on Saturday (2 days from now). My current pads don't have enough left in them for a track session. That leaves me with whatever is at the local o'reillys or napa. Is there anything suitable that I'd be able to get and swap in? Or should I just punt until the next session shows up? Thanks

Matt

Welcome to TMO and we love spending OPM! Did you try your local dealer for stock pads?

That's also on my to do list first thing tomorrow morning...and best case scenario if they're in stock. If not, I guess I'll get whatever is the best in semi-metallic...and then relegate them to street duty once my pagids come in.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Probably too late to get something overnighted from KNS. I think Rick has the best idea to check for local dealer stock. I can't think of any Mustang/Ford speed shops that are CO based.

Welcome, and good luck tomorrow.

Yeah, things are pretty bleak here in town. only know of wine country up in Denver. Thanks for the help and we'll see how this shakes out in the am. I guess this is what I get for poor planning...

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Stuff happens. Don't be *too* hard on yourself!

Maybe put up a WTB ad in the classifieds or even the general forum and see if any local members have a spare set and can help you out.

TMO Supporting Vendors