The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Quickjack BL-5000SLX on sale at Home Depot -- $1099

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Nice find Bill.
Love it and the price but again, I don't think this will fit under my Boss and worry the Kooks Boss 302 side pipes will get in the way.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I have one, it fits under my lowered S550 (Ford track suspension) on 305/30s and no clearance problems. I find it really handy for general maintenance but for anything that means a lot of time spent under the car I take it to a local garage. Guy that owns the garage loves performance cars and gives me super prices. Win-win is always good.

Bill see if HD will add a 10% military discount. Then take a vet with you when you buy.

HD does not give Veterans a discount except on Memorial Day, July 4th, and Veterans Day.

Active duty, reserve, retirees, and disabled Veterans can get a discount on some, not all, in store items. HD does not offer a Military discount for online purchases. You also need appropriate proof of status in hand at time of purchase.

HD also won’t give the discount to anyone besides an immediate family member.

If you want the discount, you are better off with Lowe’s. They will price match anything from HD, to include online orders, and offer the Military discount on basically everything every day of the year for any Veteran regardless of current service status. You can also go online and enter a little information for permanent verification. Then, you just give them a phone number or email address to look up at checkout.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I have the 7000lb version so I can lift my truck. Have to use run up blocks to get them under the Boss.
Also need an adapter to lift on the pinch welds without crushing the plastic rocker panels. I got my adapters from ZLaddons. I did ZL trim the top adapters to make sure it only lifted on the pinch welds. Makes service and tire rotations much easier.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
@xr7 - you have any pictures of these ZLaddons mounted? I have the Kooks Boss 302 side pipes and couldn't get the rear ones mounted properly.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
HD does not give Veterans a discount except on Memorial Day, July 4th, and Veterans Day.

Being a vet and having bought north of $25k in materials from HD in the past few years, I know this to be wrong.
HD will give a 10% military discount to active duty and veterans with a military ID.
HD does reserve the right to not discount some items. These are close margin items and are usually marked as such. Drywall for example is so close to cost, they will not discount drywall.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
@xr7 - you have any pictures of these ZL1addons mounted? I have the Kooks Boss 302 side pipes and couldn't get the rear ones mounted properly.
I have the side pipes and don't have issues with this set up. I use ZL1addons Premium Universal Jack MagPad, I had them trim the tops off the vertical legs. The pad is aluminum so it would have been easy to do myself. I needed the legs to be a little shorter to fit a Cadillac ATS. I wanted to make sure I am lifting only on the vertical pinch weld and not touching the horizontal surface above the pinch weld. The Jackpad sits on a rubber block on the quick jack. I will see if I can get a photo of this posted. It is a bit time consuming to get set up and lifted but the ability to checkout the entire underside is nice. Being a mechanic I would have liked a two post lift but I don't have the room or funds for one. The flexibility of using these lifts in any stall or haul them to another location was another plus.

Being a vet and having bought north of $25k in materials from HD in the past few years, I know this to be wrong.
HD will give a 10% military discount to active duty and veterans with a military ID.
HD does reserve the right to not discount some items. These are close margin items and are usually marked as such. Drywall for example is so close to cost, they will not discount drywall.

What I said is correct.

What you are talking about is Home Depot’s Military Discount, which is different than their Veteran’s policy.

What you are forgetting is that most Veterans don’t have ID cards. You are mixing up HD’s policy concerning active duty, reserve, National Guard, retirees, and disabled Veterans, who all have DOD issued ID cards, with their policy concerning those who just have Veteran status.

Keep in mind that US Title 38 defines a Veteran as anyone who served in the armed forces for any length of time and was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.

As someone with just Veterans status, I only get the discount on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Veterans Day. And I have to have an original copy of my DD254 in hand at checkout.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/georgi...eranmilitary-discount-policy/295752833772917/

https://militarybenefits.info/miscellaneous-discounts-veterans-day-deals-veterans/

https://themilitarywallet.com/home-depot-lowes-10-military-discount/

Last edited:

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Last post on this subject.

Look at what I wrote.

Apparently you dont have a military ID. The doc you refer to a DD214 is not a military ID. The “With a military ID” was key.

In 2015 all veterans because eligible for an ID. Congress passed the law, unanimously, and the president signed it into law. Here is a link explaining the process.
https://themilitarywallet.com/veterans-id-card/

Hope this helps.

I just ordered directly from quickjack ant got the EXT version. https://www.quickjack.com/car-lift-systems/bl-5000ext-car-lift.html

The just had a sale for the month of February that made it just a little bit more than HD (abt $1200). It seemed like the SLX was a tad short for other cars that I own.

I would venture that it’s worth a call to quickjack and see if they will extend the sale for anyone interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They must have sold a bunch In February. Getting support was a little time consuming. I found that the quickest way to get a response was to submit a support ticket through the support section of their website.

Once I got in touch they were super nice.

One of my hydraulic quick connects was defective. Sent a replacement right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a bit more $$, I'm leaning toward the standard "Kwik-Lift".
It seems to offer more versatility.
Anyone have any experience with them?

https://www.kwik-lift.com
Kwik-Lift Packages

Base
MSRP: $1,499
SALE: $1,199
  • 2 Adjustable Sections
  • Front and Rear Legs (4)
  • 1 Lift Tube
  • Wheel Chocks and Drive-up Mini Ramps (2 each)
  • Hardware Kit
  • 5 Year Warranty

Standard
MSRP: $1,699
SALE: $1,399
  • 2 Adjustable Sections
  • 1 Lift Tube
  • Hardware Kit
  • 5 Year Warranty
  • Powder Coat Finish
  • 1 Centerlift Bridge
    ($129 value)

Premium
MSRP: $2,199
SALE: $1,799
  • 2 Adjustable Sections
  • 1 Lift Tube
  • Hardware Kit
  • 5 Year Warranty
  • Powder Coat Finish
  • 2 Centerlift Bridges
    ($258 value)
  • A Full Set Of Casters
    ($2

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I ruled out the "drive it up on the ramps" types right off the bat because 99% of the time I put the thing up on the jack the wheels are coming off. The drive on style just adds another step to the process. Plus the QJ just leans up against my wall when I'm not using it. I don't want something on the floor of the garage that I'd have to drive on and off of every time the car came out of the garage, especially with the car so low now. And you're still using a floor jack to lift the back of the car. For my particular situation (small 2 car garage with one corner taken up by steps into the house) it just wouldn't work. But everybody's needs are different, if it works for you then bonus!.

TMO Supporting Vendors