The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

QuickJack users? Fellow home garage and driveway mechanics? How do QuickJacks hold up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
New England
Question is really just the subject - I am done, DONE jacking up my cars by hand and using jack stands. Ceiling in the garage is too low to do a post lift, so QuickJacks? Any fellow TMOers with good or bad stories? Very interested and TYIA.

- Velocicross

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
I really like mine. 5000SLX, bought in July 2019 at Costco back when you could get them for around $950. I read a lot of reviews before buying them, and most negative comments related to damage during shipping, and post-assembly issues like leaky fittings, etc. Since I bought mine at the local Costco warehouse, I was able to pick the undamaged boxes, eliminating that concern. Assembly is straightforward, and if done correctly you should have zero issues. I’ve never had any issues with the hydraulics after finishing the initial bleeding process. They lift the car effortlessly, and are very stable at the highest setting. I’ve had the transmission out of my car 3 times using the QuickJacks. Another 2-3 inches of lift height would be nice for rolling the trans in and out while its on the jack, which I think is possible with the optional SUV/Truck pedestal adapter.

I just recently stumbled across this one that someone recommended. A bit more expensive, but appears to be more portable, lighter and easier to maneuver. Not to mention simpler without the hydraulics. The QuickJacks are technically portable, but they’re heavy and bulky enough I don’t see many guys taking them to the track unless they have a set that stays in their enclosed trailer.

https://www.ezcarlift.com/

I really like mine. 5000SLX, bought in July 2019 at Costco back when you could get them for around $950. I read a lot of reviews before buying them, and most negative comments related to damage during shipping, and post-assembly issues like leaky fittings, etc. Since I bought mine at the local Costco warehouse, I was able to pick the undamaged boxes, eliminating that concern. Assembly is straightforward, and if done correctly you should have zero issues. I’ve never had any issues with the hydraulics after finishing the initial bleeding process. They lift the car effortlessly, and are very stable at the highest setting. I’ve had the transmission out of my car 3 times using the QuickJacks. Another 2-3 inches of lift height would be nice for rolling the trans in and out while its on the jack, which I think is possible with the optional SUV/Truck pedestal adapter.

I just recently stumbled across this one that someone recommended. A bit more expensive, but appears to be more portable, lighter and easier to maneuver. Not to mention simpler without the hydraulics. The QuickJacks are technically portable, but they’re heavy and bulky enough I don’t see many guys taking them to the track unless they have a set that stays in their enclosed trailer.

https://www.ezcarlift.com/

Question is really just the subject - I am done, DONE jacking up my cars by hand and using jack stands. Ceiling in the garage is too low to do a post lift, so QuickJacks? Any fellow TMOers with good or bad stories? Very interested and TYIA.

- Velocicross
I had the same issue with a low ceiling , I had one cylinder that was loosing air pressure , Quick jack sent a replacement no questions asked. Its not so quick setting under the Boss , because the car is so low. But once its set it is very solid and safe , very happy with this jack .

1 old racer

Too blessed to be stressed and old track whore,
Exp. Level
20+ Years
fontana ca.
I bought mine used almost two years ago. The previous owner used it at his shop and used it every day for about two years himself. So far i can honestly say is the best car related item I have ever bought. I stored them under my car til about two weeks ago when I installed a Steeda front k brace. Now the car was just a little too low to drive over them. So I built a full length ramps. In any case just buy one and you will have no regrets. I even saw a guy have one on his car hauler and used it at the track. (he had the one with the 12 volt pump.

Bay Area
I have a quickjack set myself. They are great. They do leak air every so often so just check the air reservoir before use if it has sat for a while or you store it vertically. I did have an issue where I could not plug my lines in because it was over pressured, I called quickjack and it was a simple fix. My only issues I would say I have, is the trouble shooting in the manual sucks. The issue I had was so simple it should have been in the manual. And they do not have live customer support beyond their regular business hours. Other than those minor issues I love the fact I can support my cars and it’s stable.

TX
I have the 12v system that I take with me to the track that I power with a lithium ion battery pack. They’re definitely used hard and I’ve had zero issues with them in over 3 years. Huge fan of mine.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I bought mine used almost two years ago. The previous owner used it at his shop and used it every day for about two years himself. So far i can honestly say is the best car related item I have ever bought. I stored them under my car til about two weeks ago when I installed a Steeda front k brace. Now the car was just a little too low to drive over them. So I built a full length ramps. In any case just buy one and you will have no regrets. I even saw a guy have one on his car hauler and used it at the track. (he had the one with the 12 volt pump.
I have a set, 7000 lb capacity, use it on the Boss, Caddy ATS4 and F150 SuperCrew 4x4 6.5' box. Very satisfied. Only issue I had was the dinky little wheels for moving them. I cut them off and cobbled together a solution. I like 1 Old Racers ramp solution, as I have to run mine up on blocks to get any type of jack under it. Maybe even figure out how to incorporate scales and turn tables into his ramp set up.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I have one, finally assembled it this week and it works bitchin'. Currently my 4 post lift is tied up with the Coyote swap so I needed something else for customer cars. This thing is super portable and beats a floor jack and stands all to hell.
Alessandro needed a set of Laguna pipes for his new Camaro so he got to be the first Guinea pig.
I'm happy to report that the car did not fall on me.

133959158_10159049688208535_3733075836421100980_n.jpg

Last edited:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I have one, works OK but I am having issues with the hydraulic fittings. The quick connect ones at the unit itself are leaking. They won't warranty them, want me to buy new ones at about double what I can get them for elsewhere. That's poor as the thing only gets used about a dozen times a year. Also, if the vent on the oil tank becomes clogged at all or you forget to open it then when you lower the car the oil tank will rupture. It would seem insignificant to put an auto air bleeder on it. The amount of lift is pretty minimal to do work under the car.
If I had to do it over again I wouldn't, I am looking at a 1 post lift to replace it, more expensive but way stronger and it also eliminates rolling around under the car on a creeper. It's better than a jack for sure though.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Nice lift. Although I got to say this may be the first time you posted a pic where your work was not flat out gorgeous. Sometimes a sows ear stays a sows ear. Laguna pipes are ugly no matter what you do to them.
I made the most of what I had to do. The actual execution was still clean.
Note that they are polished aluminum and they have nice little flares at the tips. ;)

- Velocicross
I have used one for a few years now and love it. Had an initial wiring issue that I was able to fix easily and has been trouble free ever since. I change tires frequently in the summer for track or Street and seasonally with our street cars. Works well for any brake or suspension work.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel