The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Race numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BK.jpg

PB-1.jpg

wt.jpg

PB looks bad lol. White on black looks like the way to go so far. With a black on white on the roof.

Added an outline, like it a lot now. I think it is a winner. Now need to figure out getting them made, I know the local sign guy so maybe he can do them.

BK-1.jpg

darreng505 what size are yours?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Pardon my ignorance but I am planning to do my first open track day in Vegas but am not sure how this numbering thing works. Do they assign you a number or can you pick what you want. I'd prefer to have either a magnetic number or removable vinyl over painters tape but that means I'd have to order them in advance. Any info or input would be greatly appreciated.

For the most part you can use any number you like. Some clubs assign numbers but even with that I haven't had a problem. Pete can make whatever you like.

http://www.trackdaysolutions.com/magnetic_car_numbers.html

Here is PW numbered and you can see Steves' in the backgroundva3anusu.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Thanks guys. You anyone who sells these in removable/reusable vinyl? I will only track the car a few tymes a year and would want to remove it while driving on the street. Any other sage advise you pros have?

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
TymeSlayer said:
Thanks guys. You anyone who sells these in removable/reusable vinyl? I will only track the car a few tymes a year and would want to remove it while driving on the street. Any other sage advise you pros have?

We make magnetic car numbers which can handle track speeds and be removed at any time. See http://www.trackdaysolutions.com/magnetic_car_numbers.html and email me with any questions. We specialize in custom designs so you're not limited to what you see on our website.

Pete@TDS

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
http://www.gochecker.com/

I used these for a couple years. Went with the static cling vinyl. They did blow off at the last track day of the year last year. I have also ran with magnetics they blew off as well after a year or two. I think the vinyl is the way to go, they are like $35 for a set so not to bad cost wise.
I have a buddy that goes to Office max and buys a bag of black 6"vinyl numbers and puts them on the side windows and windshield if needed. Low cost and just leaves them on for the track season.

Pete provided my magnetic graphics that you see in the photo below. They look great and I have not had any issues with them coming off, although only tested up to 152 MPH ;D

Pete is also great to work with and provides top notch graphics. I have several other magnetic graphics of Pete's also on my car with no blow off.

TMO Supporting Vendors