The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Race Ramps.com --unbelievable product , unsolicited !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
After two years without an enclosed trailer, I realized that there were too many tracks too far away for me to continue to drive and bother others to drag along spares for me. Got into another H&H Trailer from Reed Trailer Sales in Omaha ( they have another store in Colorado too ) at a great price , but was back to the same problem I have had since 2000 -- all my racecars or street cars are too damn low to get into a trailer easy , even with an extention on the door. Chatted with the guys at Race Ramps, and besides being super helpful the idea of a lightweight solution suited me fine since I have some back trouble. Dragging around unwieldly 10 ft boards and supports was a pain in the past and a balancing act that had pinched a nerve a couple of times. Enter Race Ramps, and besides being super easy to move around , I can now load both track machines without removing the front splitters and nothing even remotely scrapes. Granted the product is not super cheap , but for the price , convenience, etc. they are super well made and I am a believer -- say Amen!! I had alot of folks ask me about the ramps at a recent NASA race and if you see someone at the track using them, walk up and chat with them, and ask to pick one up. If you have a bad back or are tired of the hassle getting your car on the trailer , this is one solid answer to alleviate the problem!!

Yep I love my Race Ramps. Don't forget to use the Race Ramps ad at the top of the page to place your order and help support BMO. You can use any discount with the link.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Mentioned the ad when I called and told them thanks for supporting BMO. Had seen some examples at the track, but could not remember the name as I had just glanced at them, so the pop up ad here reminded me , and bingo ..... spent the bucks to get a set. So I guess I should be thanking BMO too -- consider it done.

Bill Pemberton said:
Mentioned the ad when I called and told them thanks for supporting BMO. Had seen some examples at the track, but could not remember the name as I had just glanced at them, so the pop up ad here reminded me , and bingo ..... spent the bucks to get a set. So I guess I should be thanking BMO too -- consider it done.

I too use have used the race ramps for the last two years. What ilike about them is they are so lite to handle and store well.

does anyone have this model? they show a boss using them

http://www.raceramps.com/2-piece-56-inch-car-service-ramps.aspx

NFSBOSS said:
I have the 67" and they work great. If the 56" works without dragging splitter that would be the way to go.

http://www.raceramps.com/67-inch-xt-car-service-ramps.aspx
56" and 67" have the same ramp angle, but the 56" gives 8" lift where the 67" gives 10". Just ordered the 67" 2 piece.

can anyone post pics of their car on the ramps?

would like to see pics with the whole unit and pics with just the front piece

thanks

No my car but this is how I use mine. I back onto 67" Race Ramps first then use floor jack in front with jack stands under uni-body boxed rails in the front. Did my MGW install with this setup and plenty of room under the car. I like backing onto the ramps so I can use the parking brake to keep my sanity while under the car. I may even buy just the 10" Race Ramp Stands to place under the front wheels so as not to have to use jack stands when doing work that does not require the wheels to be off.

5422935710_60e7a59424_z.jpg

GOT SVT said:
can anyone post pics of their car on the ramps?

would like to see pics with the whole unit and pics with just the front piece

thanks

I have the 67" two piece and whatever length you get make sure you get the two piece. I also have the 10" blocks but with my car on the ramps my jack is not high enough to get the 10" under the wheels. A good tip someone else posted was to remove your key and place it by the ramp where you removed the other piece. Keeps you from rolling off the ramps without the other piece in place. ;)

P1020833.jpg

really just looking to see what kind of room there is to work around while up on ramps with and without ramp part on

Last weekend I used my 67" by 10" high two piece Race Ramps to install my MGW Shifter. I backed up the rear onto the ramps. Used two scissor jacks to raise the front just enough to be my floor jack under it then used the floor jack to raise the front level with the back. Once the side ramps were removed I have plenty of space under the car to do the install while on my creeper.

I also backed up on them to remove my Axel backs to paint the front surface and to install my Panhard Bar and Brace.
I think the limit would be if you needed to drop the tranny or install an exhaust or headers you might be cramped not for space but to get those parts in and out.

They are a bit pricey but well worth the piece of mind for me. I've even seen them on Craigslist from time to time.

Good luck . . .

GOT SVT said:
really just looking to see what kind of room there is to work around while up on ramps with and without ramp part on

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel