The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Race Ramps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
MakeMyDay said:
PeteInCT said:
MakeMyDay said:
PeteInCT said:
That's why I'm putting in a lift!
Gee Pete... I thought you were just joking...That's real cool. I wonder what this will cost you?

MMD

It's not really that bad. This is why I've been looking at:
http://www.dannmar.com/dannmar-products/two-post-lifts/maxjax.asp

You can get it for about $2K. It's not a huge commercial lift, but for home use with limited space it seems to fit the bill pretty well. Once you get the anchors into your garage floor, the lift posts (as well as the compressor) are all portable, you just wheel it out when you need it. That's why I'm saying $500 for the race ramps may not make sense for me. I like their product a lot and have a set I use with my trailer, but for working on the car I'd love not to always be on my knees or on a crawler. A setup like this would even mean chaing oil and rear diff fluid (which I did today) a lot easier.
This lift looks awesome. For you - you could probably justify this. For me - I'm thinking do I get this or for a few hundred more do I go with a full Kooks H-pipe exhaust for the Boss? Tuff choice. Life is full of choices is it not?

MMD
I would go with the kooks exhaust lol

killerwill13 said:
Is this a good deal for these? http://mudflaps.com/i-7208336-race-ramps-rrxt2-67-race-ramps-xt-2-piece.html
Yep.

$280 is a great deal for the 2-piece 67" ramps, which work great with a standard Boss.

BTW, for anyone who has never seen these, they are made of *styrofoam*. Really dense styrofoam, but foam nonetheless. It is a little freaky. They cannot be used on a gravel driveway directly, you must put plywood or something down first, and you need to sweep the surface they are being used on so no rocks or the like end up embedded in the foam.

Great! Thanks for the info. Im going to be ordering them here soon. I want them for detailing purposes as well as basic mechanical work. Also means I can finally take out my restrictor plates.

TMO Supporting Vendors