The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Race Red

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been looking/admiring red a bit...post 'em up.

cimg4263.jpg

These are all photos of a race red car under questionable lighting.

Attachments

• Omaha Auto Show 012211 056.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 338
  • Omaha Auto Show 012211 057.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 343
  • Omaha Auto Show 012211 058.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 342
Thanks for the pics. As production cars start to be delivered, I hope to see more pics posted. I have a race red on order for delivery this summer. I prefer the black striping to the white, but everyone's taste is different. I think this exact car may have been used as a pace car for one of the late season NASCAR races. I also understand there may be some additional color choices for the 2013 model year release.

fSome red paint appears orange under certain fluorescent lights. That might be the case at those auto shows.

I haven't seen a Boss color I didn't like.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Here are some CLEAR photos of Race Red with white stripes from the Philly Auto Show: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mbphotographers/sets/72157625950486976/

It was a difficult decision I couldn’t make up my mind on the color I was torn between Comp Orange and Race Red!

So, I stopped in at my dealer on Friday, 4 Feb and took the plunge, Race Red with Black Stripes, Recaro Seats/Torsen with accessory package.

I hope like the RED! :-\

Boss_302 said:
It was a difficult decision I couldn’t make up my mind on the color I was torn between Comp Orange and Race Red!

So, I stopped in at my dealer on Friday, 4 Feb and took the plunge, Race Red with Black Stripes, Recaro Seats/Torsen with accessory package.

I think you're going to like it. I test driven a couple of race red 5.0 Mustangs including a Roush stage 2 and the race red looks great on the car.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Boss_302 said:

We will have twins... ::)

GA
I checked out the 2012 and 2013 colors on the Speed special, and the only one I really like is Kona Blue. I really wish they hadn't killed Sterling Gray- I would have loved to have that with black accents. I guess the Boss is about "in your face" and not about understated looks like the Bullitt. I wish I could afford both but I will have to make a choice.

I guess the Sterling Gray test mule in the Speed special is going to be like the Red Bullitt- one of a kind.

ArizonaGT said:
Here are some CLEAR photos of Race Red with white stripes from the Philly Auto Show: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mbphotographers/sets/72157625950486976/

too bad the photog stood so close to the car, lol

TMO Supporting Vendors