The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Racer Service Announcement concerning TMO Affiliate Sponsor Tire Rack!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I felt I should post a quick note about Luke Pavlik , my go to Tire Sensei for the past 23 years at Tire Rack. After hearing a second time that Luke has retired , I felt I should drop a quick note on the Forum to let everyone know Luke may be tired , selling tires all day long, talking tires, recommending tires, but......................he has not retired!! I have relied on Luke for advice and knowledge for all 23 years he has been at Tire Rack and the reasons are simple for all on this Forum to understand;

1. He is a Trackrat, both autocross and on road courses!
2. He keeps up on all the new rubber , compound changes and more , because he is frankly as sick as we all are about destroying asphalt , cement , or cones !
3. He is really the only true Racer with the Rack!
4. He will listen and shoot you straight on what is right for your car.
5. He is friends with all the Sales Managers of the major tire companies.

Luke is strictly Retail now, as he was one of their large Wholesale Producers, but he got so many customers who wanted to get the straight scoop from him he went to the retail side some years back --- that is good for all of us.

Tire Rack 1-800-428-8355 Ext. 4362 and please tell him you are from TMO so the site gets affiliate rewards.

He is a great and honest friend and I felt I needed to clear things up that he is still hustling sticky rubber donuts to the Concrete crushing crowd!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Now that is what I call alive and kicking ! Heck, Luke is almost young enough to be my son if I got in trouble when I was sweet sixteen or so, hence, he shall be around for quite awhile!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I started selling Vipers in 1999 and Luke started in 1999, and we hooked up early as I was impressed with his knowledge of tires for the Viper. It seemed if there was a shortage or some extra sizes sitting in Europe , Luke figured a way to get them to the States or secure extras in the US , for all the guys running the large sizes on the Dodge V10. They were considered huge back then and for those of us racing in the Viper Racing Challenge or Viper Days Luke was the Tire Life Saver. It did not take long and he was helping plenty of TrackRats and like RES_22 and myself , racers and Time Trialers have depended on him for decades!! Spec Miatas, Vipers, a slew of Mustangs, Luke has gotten a call from a small town in Nebraska for 23 years.

I am old hat, but so many times you call places where someone will tell you what you want to hear, but Luke will listen and give you information based on his personal knowledge, his client's ( many who are National Champions )knowledge, as well as the many Sales Managers of Tire Companies around the World, who Luke knows and has a relationship started in the last Century!

PS - Blacksheep, Luke loves Hoosiers too, haha!!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel