The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Racewars Sprint and 1000 metre weekend, Western Australia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi everyone, haven't posted much but reading and learning heaps , great forum.

I have a 2017 GT manual, WGW shifter with Perf pack Brembos, MikeMaierInc coilovers,JRI internals and rear JRI's, MMI weight jackers in the rear, MMI harness bar, APEX 18 X10 on all corners with Kuhmo V720's.

So I attended the above event 5 hrs south of Perth this last weekend, 2 days of airstrip runs and 1 day of hill climb. I've spent more time and effort on the suspension and handling than power but at the last minute I swapped over to E85 with LU47 injectors and a couple of tunes. We trailered the car down to the event and ended up with a PB of 224.6 Km/hr in the 1000 meter after 7 runs.

The hill climb was the 3rd day and came 43rd out of 87 car competing, but most were dedicated racecars so I was pretty chuffed with the car. The hill climb was basically a long right hander with some chicanes thrown in for good measure, not once did the tires loose grip so I know the car has heaps more to give, I just need more seat time. It was a great weekend overall and so happy with the car. Brake upgrades are next with stainless lines on the way from Tim @OP and then we'll see about the rotors, pads and brake ducts. The local track is about to see me a whole bunch more I think:)

53229677_2333455036980287_3798643667002982400_o.jpg52987187_2158279150920190_5619982865937727488_o copy 2.jpg53296950_2333457760313348_6739390985547022336_o.jpg

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Love the fact that Ford built the Mustang in both left and right hand drive, as the car is so popular in Australia , England and other countries where the driver on the right , for them, is right, ha. I , and I know many others will look forward to your postings and hopefully some of your friends running Stangs down under. Really nice mods on your Blue GT and you might consider Disc Brakes Australia for a set of two piece rotors since they should be reasonably priced for you -- who knows you might be able to get some sponsorship from them? Do not get the drilled rotors ,though, make sure you only get slotted. Excited to see the Mustang running in SuperCar competition this year , and am chuffed you have joined our little performance forum. Love that term, and sounds like one many of us should be using?

PS - glad to see Tim at OP has been able to assist you even in faraway Perth. MGW is the absolute best short throw shifter in the World for Mustangs, so congrats on installing George Ciamillo's beautiful handiwork!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Unreal pictures !!! Your license plate ( AWOL ) , absent without leave 50, is justified if you are using the time away to do such cool activities, ha! The fun, sun and thunder from down under rocks with Australian motorsports!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
That ( mirrors ) and the little front fender side marker lights are indicative of models outside the US. Hit the Grabber Blue GT side profile picture to supersize it to see some of the American Companies in Booah's decal mix. I especially like the one for Mike Maier , who is very well thought of in the Autocross/Mustang community.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments, I never really noticed the side mirror difference, funnily enough my fastest run of the day had the mirrors tucked in by mistake, I'll have to remember that:)

TMO Supporting Vendors