The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Raceway Park of the Midlands is under water!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
We have a NASA weekend April 13-14 so we should have time to dry out , but will keep folks posted as there are alot of guys I know plan on making this the first track weekend of 2019. Hoping it drains a bit quicker than in 2011 , but surprisingly there was not much damage from that disaster. I am sure those of us in the Omaha area can keep TMO members in Kansas , Iowa , Missouri, S. Dakota , and Minnesota aware of the track status. At present it is a sad situation, but praying for the best , as the track had a pretty busy schedule this year!

I was just watching all the flooding on the news. Pretty sad and I hope everyone is safe out there.

Just checked, previous river recorded depth record at Plattsmouth was 36.7', which I believe was 2011. Over night it crested at 40.62', so about 4' more than 2011. The good 2011 it was flooded for along time, don't remember how long. They are predicting to be back down 32' by Friday. This has just been Nebraska's snow melt with a couple inches of rain.

I know the Dakota's and Montana had some pretty big snow accumulations this last winter too, so could be a long summer again for anything around the Missouri River.

It has been unimaginable the last few days seeing the amount of water and destruction. Luckily everyone I know that has been affected has been safe.

53761160_1665278276951667_8056030308400627712_n.jpg

This was just posted on facebook. The roof that you see is the concession stand at the track. To the right of that would be the grandstands, with debris/corncobs washed up next to them. Got to say it's significantly worse than 2011 as I believe they didn't have to much water that got into the concession stand.

drano38

Wayne
Wow, that's just sickening to look at.
Agree, much worse than '11.
I think in '11, they knew it was coming, and had time to add cement weights to the propane tank, etc. I'm guessing no one saw this flood coming.
Hoping for the best for RPM and everyone affected by flooding.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Unreal , chatted with our Regional Director of NASA ( they are actively looking for alternative sites for the April 13-14 event) and the track manager told him they had 10 foot of water at the track. During the 2011 flood I remember hearing 3 feet in the Clubhouse, and this is definitely way worse!! Interstate 29 is closed near there so no one will be driving by there for quite awhile!

What track? You could barely tell what's under the lake water.
Trying to think, but I thought some of the corner worker stands were covered. Well didn't see those roof's so you know it is deep. Some joke around about having boat races, but you probably could and not have to worry about hitting the bottom right now. Bad deal for anyone in these areas.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Really appreciate Reggie posting the Facebook Video of Raceway Park of the Midlands, since the gentleman who used his drone to survey the destruction commented on how one can later volunteer to assist the track in getting it back to normal. Analyzing the damage based on the 2011 Flood , it is noteworthy that there has been direct contact with the owner and there are plans in place. Let's get the word out for racers that help will be needed in the future, and it may be a long process, but regeneration of the track is in the plans. I know many of us will keep posted on the progress after the water subsides and in the meantime we need to support tracks that are still viable -- MPH in Hastings and Heartland Motorsports Park.

Hastings NASA event is the first rescheduled event , go to nasaproracing.com click on Central Region, Event Sign Up and let's be on track the middle of April?!
Keep in mind if you are not a Member of NASA ,give me a call , may be able to help? 402-677-5864

Again thanks to Reggie and I know we will all keep folks posted on how things proceed at RPM!? I ran on RPM the first year it opened , and it is 20-45 minutes away from many of us, so we are all hoping and praying for the best!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for posting and let's all hope that once the water recedes the track is still in decent shape, as that will be the main concern for the future of RPM? Surprisingly it held up pretty well after the 2011 flood, though the level the water reached was much less. I think there will be plenty of local support , but until the damage can be viewed we are all in a state of limbo.

TMO Supporting Vendors