The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 Racified 98 Cobra #65 Build Thread Profile - SN95 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Interesting set up , but have to admit you have peaked my curiosity even more ,since a Cobra did not come with an automatic in 1998. With the IRS swap and your 20 years of W2W enquiring minds need to know more, ha. Being based right there in NASCAR country I have a feeling you have some other surprises on this Poisonous Snake , so we are all ears.

What tires and rims are you running and did you upgrade the brake system ---- I destroyed a set of pads in a couple of sessions with mine at Road America many years back.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Cool, Tony, are you just running Time Trials now with NASA , as did not note any Class designation on your car for W2W? With all the cool stuff on your car, depending on your hp to weight ratio, figured you might be running TT2/ST2 or TT3/ST3?

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Concord, NC
Just doing track days with NASA and other groups. The car fits well into ST/TT2 at about 8.3 lbs/hp. After over 40 years of W2W I now just enjoy the track time without the pressure of competition. Makes it more fun with the family. I built and now maintain my daughter's E30 (TT5) and her husband's 91 Mustang coupe (TT2). Keeps me very busy.

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
I remember seeing this car for sale years ago. Glad to see someone got it and is using it still for track purposes!

TMO Supporting Vendors