The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Racing an M3 and M4 at Thunderhill in the Boss LS-M4 Off-road Excursion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

From Wednesday from inside the M3, he was behind me. I did my best to hold them off for a couple laps. Two really good SCCA drivers in some serious cornering cars. I ran a couple 2:07's with these guys. Amazing how your lap times drop when going toe to toe.

The M4 passes the M3 on the back stretch about 2:00 in then the M4 goes off the track and down the hill at T-hill backwards at 80 mph at the 5:45 mark. Pucker factor was 100 I'm sure. The M3 blew an oil line later in the day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOnD1I4VtcQ&list=FL7FTaZYy70XnGWmePB0wk3g

I've spun in the same location but corrected and dropped two wheels off on the right. There's a hill there and the rear gets light. Since my spin there I'm a little more cautious with the throttle. ;D

Nice run. Amazing how fast things can get out of shape. Fortunate not to have a wall or barrier there to run into.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Enjoyed the video. Smooth driving. Nice.

My diagnosis of the spin is he lifted instead of staying in it. Hard to do since it is counter intuitive.

TMO Supporting Vendors