The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Racing and the DMV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
mattlqx said:
Are you talking about a dealer logo plate that basically says "hey I just bought this"? Wouldn't it be a little obvious that's not true if you have it on a race car?

Yup, but around where I'm at you can get away with it. Specialty car shops all around me so it's normal to see a spec car cruising out of the shop onto the road. There even a 302S I've seen running around once in awhile. I'm sure he was bedding the brakes.

Interesting. To me that doesn't really seem worth driving around on the street without insurance, should some clown decide to be where you are. But for just parking on the street that may be a different story!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
50Deep said:
Most likely because you were going to register it for PNO after the registration expiration date. The cost likely includes penalties.

Nope. That's the lowest value before expiration. The next two were about $100 then $200 for two 'past due' dates, IIRC.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel