The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Racing Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Never seen it before but it looks a bit expensive. Catch Mobil 1 on sale and with the money you save you can buy me a beer!

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/additional-tech/1312-driven-racing-oil/

I'm using this. It's more than decent. I spent allot of time to research mPAO, specifically the base manufactured by Chevron Phillips (Chevron Phillips is a chemical producer jointly owned by Chevron Corporation and Phillips 66, it is not a Chevron product or a Phillips product so please don confuse their base oils with ones used for either brand). Driven buys from them specifically and it's uses Lubrizol additives in the blending process.I'm by no means a chemical engineer or an engineer on any level so I wanted to make sure I understood what this stuff was and why what sets it apart from PAO. It has the best air release properties (read low foaming, super critical for engines that rely on oil pressure to manipulate cam timing like in the Coyote motor). It has the best viscosity index at from the start (before index improvers are added). VI can be raised by adding tons of improvers to a base but that will not be shear stable (think Motorcraft 5W-50) for very long. I recommend checking out their videos on Youtube if you want to learn about engine oil in general. Even if you don't have interest in the product, you will learn a lot. With all of the BS on the forums surrounding engine oil and understanding viscosity, it's refreshing to see someone talking straight. Even better, if you call their tech line, you can talk to Lake Speed Jr; Ive learned allot from him myself. So much so that when I was at SEMA this year, I made it a point to stop and thank him for all the insight.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
VooDooBOSS said:
Never seen it before but it looks a bit expensive. Catch Mobil 1 on sale and with the money you save you can buy me a beer!

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/additional-tech/1312-driven-racing-oil/

Thanks for the link, I will buy you a beer either way :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel