The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Radar/Laser Jammer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Total waste of money and time. If I see someone has one I laugh at them behind their back. Especially cheesy is the "We'll pay your ticket" BS, read the fine print, it only pays if you get a ticket going "10% higher than the posted limit" or, more plainly, up to 7 MPH. I dunno, seems to me not a whole lot of tickets get written for "77 in a 70".

(sorry, I was pretty harsh, but as someone who as a former military pilot knows a bit about radar jamming/evasion, you just have to trust me on this, nothing you can legally buy or safely use will defeat police Radar or Lidar. A real radar jamming pos puts out enough microwaves to cook the cop who's tracking you, and make every car radio within half a mile inoperable among other really bad side effects)

And the reason I'm so negative about it is I hate to see a company blatantly rip off people who don't know better.

GA
Factory Tech said:
Total waste of money and time. If I see someone has one I laugh at them behind their back. Especially cheesy is the "We'll pay your ticket" BS, read the fine print, it only pays if you get a ticket going "10% higher than the posted limit" or, more plainly, up to 7 MPH. I dunno, seems to me not a whole lot of tickets get written for "77 in a 70".

(sorry, I was pretty harsh, but as someone who as a former military pilot knows a bit about radar jamming/evasion, you just have to trust me on this, nothing you can legally buy or safely use will defeat police Radar or Lidar. A real radar jamming pos puts out enough microwaves to cook the cop who's tracking you, and make every car radio within half a mile inoperable among other really bad side effects)

And the reason I'm so negative about it is I hate to see a company blatantly rip off people who don't know better.

+1. I haven't had a ticket since I stopped using them many moons ago.

Passport 9500ix has saved me more than a few times already. The confidence it provides me when I am in a potential high police zone is well worth the price, besides all of the tickets. I have never tried a jammer though.

TMO Supporting Vendors