The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Radical side pipe mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I bet that's loud!

Fuel line is drivers side outside of the frame rail. Shouldn't be an issue I wouldn't think. Some reflective heat tape around it would be cheap insurance

I ran that for a couple of weeks when I yanked the QTPs. I didn't care for it much.....as the take off is right at the h-pipe I heard more "swirl and gurgle" than I like. After trying all combinations on the side pipes I prefer no discs or cut outs. Have been wondering what this setup might produce with headers tho....hoping to go to long tubes this summer.
Enjoy!......should make the neighbors pause to watch you roll by. :)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/7t-nmlVJZrM[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/KbGjDY2IeBw[/youtube]

Wish I could hear in person. Would like to do this but don't want to chop up my side pipes in case I wanna go back. Blah.

Edit: Do those bounce around since it has no support bracket or short enough it's good?

Haha, yeah it does sound pretty good in person. Just like a Boss with the baffles removed but louder and breathier.

There is no cutting required. You can remove the longer piece from the smaller piece by loosening a clamp. I had a shop create those down pipes. They bounce a bit, but not much. The clamps for the new pipes I bought from Borla. I dremeled a couple of slots in the down pipes to allow for room to squeeze.

TMO Supporting Vendors