The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Radio Display Screen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holy Toledo! Never seen that. I did put a bit of iPad clear protective plastic over mine while I had it out. They scratch easily and the clear plastic is very durable.

Georgia
My first thought was frozen moisture behind the lens rather than actually "shattering". Very interesting, I thought the lense was plastic.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
If the problem is with the plastic cover and not the LED screen, there was a fix addressed a while back. A member replaced the plastic with glass he applied tinting to. The tint was on the inside leaving the glass surface open and easy to clean. Not sure of the link.

MLM

Mike
bluemax said:
My first thought was frozen moisture behind the lens rather than actually "shattering".

That's what I think too.

I have had success using ScratchX on the lens. I would not do the glass mod unless there was a laminate over the glass for safety reasons.

It's not frozen condensation and no chemical or abrasive was used on it. Ford verified it as millions of micro cracks on the plastic face plate. It is being replaced under warranty. The protective film on it may be an option once its repaired, however, if it occurs again Ford may choose not to warranty it in it's altered condition.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Looks like we did it again. ;D

Instead of recommending you head to Ford to take advantage of their bumper to bumper warranty, we came up with suggestions to repair the issue. ::)

Hope we remember these fixes for when our warranties run out!!

TMO Supporting Vendors