The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ram Clutch + Boss = Fail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
PSA

As I jumped in front of the Bus to try to cure the Hot Transmission balky shift which I feel was the OEM clutch not fully releasing at high RPM when HOT on the Track. We installed a RAM Dual Disc 10.5" organic clutch with AL Flywheel as a unit from RAM. THe up shot of this experiment was the RAM clutch would not re-engage at shifts over 6500 until the RPM dropped to around 6000. RAM did accept the defective unit for a refund which is the correct thing for them to do. THe purpose of this post is not to dis RAM but inform Boss owners who might be thinking about an aftermarket clutch.

Peter

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Glad you were the test dummy on that one for us thanks for the heads up. My Clutch does its own weird things at high rpms and I am looking to the Centerforce DYAD .

Side not did you remove the assist spring in the pedal assembly?

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
Justin said:
Glad you were the test dummy on that one for us thanks for the heads up. My Clutch does its own weird things at high rpms and I am looking to the Centerforce DYAD .

Side not did you remove the assist spring in the pedal assembly?

Pedal assist spring still in place.

Peter

Peter
[/quote]

You should first try the spring out https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/clutch-assist-spring-good-or-bad-open-thread/60/
watch the video then take the time to read the whole posting.

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
If you want to buy the RAM clutch in and pull the spring to see if it works be my guest. ;)

Peter

jeepinocala said:

Peter

You should first try the spring out https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/clutch-assist-spring-good-or-bad-open-thread/60/
watch the video then take the time to read the whole posting.
[/quote]

What I was getting at is simply remove the spring and see how it is-the stock clutch and want to go farther replace the crap clutch line with the upgrade and I think you may be happy. The stock clutch is not bad at all.

TMO Supporting Vendors