The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ramps that will work with the Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI
I still think that Steeda jacking rails are the best invention for home mechanics. I can have the car up in the air and slip wood blocks or ramps underneath each wheel in seconds. No fumbling around on my hands and knees looking for jacking points, no worries about driving perfectly straight up onto ramps, etc. I have them on my Boss and my Focus RS.

I agree with this. They work well. I kinda hated bolting an extra 20lbs on the car that didn't make it go faster but ultimately it was worth it.

I've never been a fan of ramps. Even with a lowered car you can still jack on the diff first and put jack stands on the axle (not sure about this on S550's). Then its high enough to get a jack under the sides.

I guess if all you want to do is change the oil, maybe ramps are easier. But I never just change the oil. There's always something else to do or check so I just jack it up, set it on 4 jack stands and then I have enough room to roll around under the car.

drano38

Wayne
+1 on jacking rails. I have the Kenny Brown's welded on mine. Now I always use 4 jack stands - it doesn't make sense to only jack the front or back - a Harbor Freight 2 ton in the middle, and the side raises up. Rinse and repeat on the other side, and done.

Man! I feel like I crawled out from under a rock.

I have never seen this quick jack thing. And now I simply must have one.

Just got to figure out which model fits the lowered Mustang and the Jeep on 37s....

I made some using 2x10 douglas fir. One piece about 3 feet long with another about a foot and a half long nailed down on it flush with one end. It works fine and was cheap. I made 4 and can drive up on all of them.

Same here. 2x10's made into 3-steps each with deck screws to hold em together. Plenty of height for oil changes and other light work. I like having the easily noticeable steps instead of a ramp and short flat before you are in deep trouble.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel