The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Raptor Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Post photos of your Raptor here. Not mine but I did test drive it! I want a Raptor real bad.

IMG_1248.jpg

Rick, how'd you like driving it?

I am also interested in raptors...but hear that there's a major redesign coming to the f-150 for 2014....and perhaps getting the ecoboost 3.5 in the raptor...that 6.2L is just a gas pig.

AGT: the s-crew raptor is rated to two 9200 lbs I believe...what do you want to tow that's 10k lbs +?

It drove nice, like a big Caddy on the fwy. ::) I'm not use to driving big trucks and it didn't feel that fast or responsive but I was driving my Boss that day so that may have been part of it. The newest Ford trucks are huge but it didn't feel as big as it looks. You're right about it being a gas hog and that would keep me away. As much as I like it, I have a lot of off road experience in my background, I'll probably buy a F150 Ecoboost or 5.0 if I do buy a tow vehicle.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
fuhrius said:
AGT: the s-crew raptor is rated to two 9200 lbs I believe...what do you want to tow that's 10k lbs +?

A 24-28' Trailer loaded with a race-prepped B302 + race gear

MLM

Mike
Even though you can configure the half-ton to tow up to 11,300 lbs. with the EcoBoost, if you're going to tow that much weight frequently and/or for long distances you're better off with a three-quarter ton truck and the 6.2 if there are any hills involved. IMHO. 10K in a half-ton is pushing the limit.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Way past the limit. I wouldn't tow more than 80% to 85% of the tow rating. My 5.3L Silverado is rated for 9600. I tow somewhere around 6000 lbs. In bad weather or big hills it's fine but it can't do much more than that. Anything close to 9600 and the trailer would be towing the truck ;D The F-150's are rated for a little more (10,000 I believe ?) but suffer the same issues. The frames are too light to start off with.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I'm looking at a raptor now....would love any input from anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
They are bad ass and you should get one. If you're thinking 17+, the twin-turbo V6 should really haul ass combined with the 10-speed trans. If you're looking at an earlier model make sure you get the 6.2L and not the 5.4.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
ArizonaBOSS said:
They are bad ass and you should get one. If you're thinking 17+, the twin-turbo V6 should really haul ass combined with the 10-speed trans. If you're looking at an earlier model make sure you get the 6.2L and not the 5.4.
I talked to my ford guy last night and he said they are super limited production, each dealer only gets a few of them, most are already pre ordered with deposit and if I could manage to find one that isn't spoken for expect to pay $100,000.00 or more. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors