The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rarest Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There is another 1 of 1 in the works now. It will be a charity raffle car at the 2012 Woodward Dream Cruise - at Mustang Alley in Ferndale. No pictures yet, but soon. They are building it out of a 2013 Boss 302 LS.

"Alley Update
Date 5/23/2012
In just under 9 weeks, we've reached a higher registration number than we hosted in attendance through 2010. This year, we're not limiting registration to 700. With the help of the City of Ferndale, we've found more space. We're working on the details to staff it.

Several of you have been asking about club parking. The answer is yes!!! We've made some changes to the way we're bringing you in through registration. It should speed up the process. We're starting to identify parking lots that could accommodate clubs. We'll look at the number of people that register for a club and try to reserve a lot for you. That means you can arrive at 7:00 or 9:00 and you'll have a spot with your friends. Watch for a parking map update in July.

Lastly, we thought it was time to let you in on some additional details about the raffle car. We've rummaged through the plant, worked with the design studio, and added our own personal touch to develop this car. It will be a Unique "1 of 1" Mustang Alley Boss 302 Laguna Seca! Changes will include updates to the paint, interior, stripes, wheels, and more. So, to be clear, we are going to spec this car in a way that you can't order it from the dealer. We're getting closer to the final unveiling. Stay tuned as the initial images of the car will be revealed here first!"

Link to Mustang Alley for more info.
http://www.mustangalley.net/index.asp

Can't wait to see what it looks like.

Mike

I saw a 2013 BOSS 302 PW with no Recaro's or Torsen today at a local dealer. It was nice, but I wondered why they ordered it with no options... I think they wanted to keep it under the $45K mark... at least that is the impression I got...

rpm3dinc said:
I saw a 2013 BOSS 302 PW with no Recaro's or Torsen today at a local dealer. It was nice, but I wondered why they ordered it with no options... I think they wanted to keep it under the $45K mark... at least that is the impression I got...
more then likely. But they could be trying also to reach the minimalistic crowd, they exisit more then you'd think.

There are very few being built without Recaro/Torsen, but quite honestly, the standard seats are pretty nice, and the standard diff works great on the drag strip, just not as well on the track.

My dealer told me they ordered all 6 of their Bosses over the two year run with Recaro/Torsen, but they had a few super-sized people say they would have bought one except they didn't fit in the Recaros.

It is nice not seeing yourself coming and going, although here in CO you don't really see that many Mustangs anyway. I did finally see a Boss just driving in the wild a few weeks ago, a 2012 Kona Blue. It was the first I had seen outside of the cruise night in Golden.

I still have a suspicion that Ford will unleash a one-year only Boss 351 for 2014.

killerwill13 said:
rpm3dinc said:
more then likely. But they could be trying also to reach the minimalistic crowd, they exisit more then you'd think.

agree, but if you want minimalist, then a 2012 is better (more minimalistic) than a 2013 with its track apps and all :)

coboss said:
My dealer told me they ordered all 6 of their Bosses over the two year run with Recaro/Torsen, but they had a few super-sized people say they would have bought one except they didn't fit in the Recaros.

I'm 6'5'' weight 280,...and yah the Recaros are a squeeze and down right don't fit in the thigh area.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel