The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Rattlesnake Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welcome Rattlesnake.....That GT500 is lookin like it could be cookin......Self teached is better than learning things from others..it may come harder, but you will remember it much longer...................................;););)

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Welcome Rattlesnake.....That GT500 is lookin like it could be cookin......Self teached is better than learning things from others..it may come harder, but you will remember it much longer...................................;););)
Welcome Rattlesnake! I too am self-teached in a variety of subjects (just having some fun with the term from your vehicle profile background - I actually like it) 😁 . Looking forward to seeing your updates on your journey here.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
As an ex-teacher I would have to state the correct term is self taught , not teached. Heck, it is even hard to write that since spellcheck wants to kick that out. I tried to ignore , but Teacher mode just came out and I had to establish a correcto-mundo!

Oh, yeh, I do need to add that " Rattlesnake " does look quite venomous. Pretty sure quite a few Camaros have been bitten by that nasty Snake!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Part of the reason I love the "Edit " button on this Forum. Spellcheck grabs all of us many times a day, and that lovely little button helps us go back and make things a little clearer. Sorry to rattle ( pun intended ) anyone's chain, I get caught all the time too, but let's slither back to the main subject , Rattlesnake, one badasp Shelby ready to strike fear in the hearts of many a GM Chebby!!

Last edited:

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
If you use the Chrome browser you'll see spelll check right in the browser!

1637792624290.png

:hellyeah: Doesn't matter, we're all just welcoming him in with some humor. No malice intended.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
The Netherlands
As an ex-teacher I would have to state the correct term is self taught , not teached. Heck, it is even hard to write that since spellcheck wants to kick that out. I tried to ignore , but Teacher mode just came out and I had to establish a correcto-mundo!

Oh, yeh, I do need to add that " Rattlesnake " does look quite venomous. Pretty sure quite a few Camaros have been bitten by that nasty Snake!
English is not my native language, but thanks for your education. I'll leave it in the profile, for entertainment.
The nickname was born on the Team Shelby Europe Norway Tour 2019. Half way the tour the passenger side muffler cracked and the rattle was quite annoying for my fellow tour members. With LTH's, Cat delete and valve-controlled mufflers (Varex), the car isn't quiet anyway....

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
The Netherlands
Engine00.jpg
L&M build in progress: sleeved 5.8L, Diamond pistons, CR 9.5:1

Engine01.jpg
After crossing the Atlantic: engine dressed up with all new components. BPS pulleys, ATI balancer with Kinetik stud, American Racing tensioner, painted intake manifold.

DentLTH.jpg
Prepped Stainless Works Longtubes. Torched them red hot and hammered some dents for steering rod clearance.

Engine08.jpg
Used a forklift....

Engine04.jpg
Engine in.

Engine07.jpg
Everything new... almost. Changed the BPS fuel rails to Fore Innovations a few days later.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
The Netherlands
Engine05.jpg
Engine installation completed. Silicon hoses (manufactured in UK), Fore Innovations fuel return system, VMP Gen3, Moroso tanks, all wiring checked, repaired and re-taped. Engine sits low enough to fit stock brace.

124036782_3674309069298382_3577839452769260857_n.jpg
Deleted hydraulic steering, installed EPAS, CorteX K-member and front suspension. Michelin PS4's, installed fuel lines and big Fore fuel filter in custom bracket, CorteX torque arm.

OilCooler01.jpg
Auxilary oil cooler (2013/2014 Track Pack) with custom made bracket and manual controlled cooling fan. Pierburg CWA50 intercooler pump.

CorteX01.jpg
CorteX Torque Arm, Watts Link, LCA's and CoilOvers. Repainted fuel tank and got rid of the rusty rear axle.

Drivetrain01.jpg
CorteX K-member, carbon DSS shaft, Stainless Works exhaust.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
The Netherlands
Son01.jpg
Got some help from my son during the build....

Dash01.jpg
Changed dash pod boost gauge to Vacuum & Boost gauge, installed oil temp gauge in vent and DIY bracket for the nGauge.

Helmet01.jpg
2014 Recaro seats (in my 2007!) and my custom pained helmet with tungsten stripe theme and personal logo.
Recaro01.jpg

Rattlesnake, You are Blessed to have a son who helps you along the way....My Son loves "Our" Boss and drives it at least once a week.Your Son will do the same in your ride in a few yrs, I'm sure.....Happy Trails..................

TMO Supporting Vendors