The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Raybestos R-300 Slotted Rotors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI
Don't do it. They won't hold up. I think I'm just going to go back to the stock Brembos.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Mooresville
Has anyone run these on the track and have a report of how they did? Just wondering if they're a viable slotted alternative to Centric/C-Tek blanks. As a throw away rotor of course since they're $75. Found a coule references to these while searching, but not much.

I actually had a similar question. I run stock rotors on my '19 GT350 but they only last 10-12 track days before they start cracking. I just installed a new set, but they are pretty pricey.

Is there anyone using a reasonably priced front rotor that holds up well?

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I actually had a similar question. I run stock rotors on my '19 GT350 but they only last 10-12 track days before they start cracking. I just installed a new set, but they are pretty pricey.

Is there anyone using a reasonably priced front rotor that holds up well?
10-12 days is good... you'd probably need 2 piece rotors to do considerably better

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Two piece rotors last longer , dissipate heat better, are often lighter, and help you stop even shorter. The downside to many is they are much more expensive, but speed costs and there are two things to look for when you get a set:

1. Only get slotted , no drilled rotors.
2. Get ones made from American Steel --- right now the only sure bet for getting that is with Girodisc.
3. EBC is now a site sponsor. see if their 2 piece rotor is US Steel?

Keep in mind when they finally go you just have to buy the rotor and the hat can be reused.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Mooresville
Two piece rotors last longer , dissipate heat better, are often lighter, and help you stop even shorter. The downside to many is they are much more expensive, but speed costs and there are two things to look for when you get a set:

1. Only get slotted , no drilled rotors.
2. Get ones made from American Steel --- right now the only sure bet for getting that is with Girodisc.
3. EBC is now a site sponsor. see if their 2 piece rotor is US Steel?

Keep in mind when they finally go you just have to buy the rotor and the hat can be reused.
Thanks Bill, just now saw your comments about the white car back in Oct! Thanks so much for the feedback. Interestingly enough the OE are actually made in Germany with German steel. I will let you know how I make out.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Actually they do make a racing two piece rotor , maybe not for the Mustang , but hopefully the guys from EBC will see the notes and jump in here with what they have and where the steel is from that they are made with.

The Girodiscs are a solid product and I have used them for years -- plus I sold quite a few for Vipers year back along with Stangs!!

Has anyone run these on the track and have a report of how they did? Just wondering if they're a viable slotted alternative to Centric/C-Tek blanks. As a throw away rotor of course since they're $75. Found a coule references to these while searching, but not much.

I run the Raybestos S Groove slotted rotors with Brembos and they work fine. No cross drill holes to initiate cracks. every cross drill rotor I've run has cracked.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I ran a set of DBA cross drilled two piece rotors and those Swiss cheese metal blanks cracked like a burst blood vessel in an old drunk's eyes!! To be fair , I hate holy rotors because they become holy rollers on the track -- you just pray they hold up.

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Our rotors are in fact made with cast iron, not steel, and produced in various foundries across the UK & EU. However, more important than where the foundry is located is the type of casting machinery and grade of iron used. We use only G3000 & G3500 grade iron on high quality automatic casting machines. Some companies use recycled scrap iron exported from USA and UK, which can be labelled 'USA/UK iron' but all EBC rotors are cast from high quality iron only.

As for our 2-piece rotors, we do offer some for specific Mustang models/specs but not for the whole range as of yet. If you let me know the year, engine & model specs I can help assist further.

We are working on increasing our range of 2-piece rotors as rapidly as possible, however it is a lengthy process and there are many applications for which we are developing alongside the Mustang.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel