The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ready to purchase my first 2012 BOSS 302 !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am going to toss in my two cents to all of this. I think it just boils down to buyer beware, just remember the dealer is there to make money and not there for your piece of mind. I will say this much that when buying a Boss it is important to make sure that everything is alright with it. I have two one of which I bought new and the other of which I bought used and when buying the used one I went to see a lot of Bosses for sale and I did not settle for any that had major damage on them and trust me I saw plenty. Now I have a friend up in Canada who came to the United States to buy his Boss at a lower price. In short I am just saying to be careful and look over everything with a fine tooth comb and do not jump in on this deal just because it is a Boss at a good price.

TMSBOSS said:
OP should still be able to get a copy of the window sticker from Ford. That will confirm the truth behind the stripe delete.

Just checked it out, it works.

'http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin="YOUR VIN HERE WITHOUT THE QUOTATION MARKS"

Yes it works. Here's the link to this cars vin:

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1zvbp8cu7c5257498

Thanks.

I looked at my window sticker, first thing that stands out is the different layout and says 2012 boss 302, Canada says 2012 GT coupe boss. My window sticker says nothing about stripe delete, his does, so I presume that for Canada it was an option and this car came without stripes.

On a separate note, I read on the window sticker on all cars that the roof is a high gloss tape. I thought the roof was painted? Anyone know the truth?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
raptor said:
I looked at my window sticker, first thing that stands out is the different layout and says 2012 boss 302, Canada says 2012 GT coupe boss. My window sticker says nothing about stripe delete, his does, so I presume that for Canada it was an option and this car came without stripes.

On a separate note, I read on the window sticker on all cars that the roof is a high gloss tape. I thought the roof was painted? Anyone know the truth?

Or the GT stripe was deleted and the Gloss Black Stripe added. Kind of confusing.

Any other Canadian owners out there that can help a brother out??

Does your sticker say both delete and gloss black stripes??

Regardless what the answer is on the stripes, I am glad my sticker does not say $52,699.00 OUCH. And the comments about additional taxes. Man oh Man.

lol...yeah, that's a high price. My window sticker says offset white stripe.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1ZVBP8CU5C5272307

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
raptor said:

Orig 12 Boss all had painted roofs.

You may find this helpful: www.etis.ford.com. After site opens, click on "Vehicle" just below and the right of the Ford blue oval. Enter your VIN and click search. Slide over the right of the page and click the little blue drop down triangle.

Jason said:
My 13 said stripe delete as well in the options part, but I didn't order mine, so I don't know if it was a real option or not. I think it adjusts between packages such as 401 and 401a?

UPDATE

The trigger is pulled. I'm moving forwards on the purchase in the next hour. It's been inspected by an independent ford dealer and passed.

It's time to start enjoying this car with whatever summer we have left in Canada.

I'm sure I'll be poking back in here from time to time for more advice or parts, and hopefully not looking for a new engine ! ;)

Cheers

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Xboxer said:
UPDATE

The trigger is pulled. I'm moving forwards on the purchase in the next hour. It's been inspected by an independent ford dealer and passed.

It's time to start enjoying this car with whatever summer we have left in Canada.

I'm sure I'll be poking back in here from time to time for more advice or parts, and hopefully not looking for a new engine ! ;)

Cheers

Cool!!!!

You are going to LOVE your new ride.

;D

Xboxer said:
UPDATE

Good for you. There are just two thing I can say now, Be careful with her while you enjoy her and share with the BMO crew a few pictures of her when you can find the time.
ENJOY!

Cheers

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Congrats!! I hope you get the red key and Trackey tune, I swear it's worth it just for the lopey idle!

Totally enjoyed first day with her. What a blast. I will post some pics from yesterday as soon as I figure out how to link pics from my iPhone here. Not sure it's possible...

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
Congrats... I have the same car but with the Stripes. Would you be able to post a few more pictures or send them to me. PM me and I will give you my email if that is easier. I think I am really liking the White w/out the stripes. Would love to see some different angles. Thanks!! Good Luck with her.

VWGTI123 said:
Congrats... I have the same car but with the Stripes. Would you be able to post a few more pictures or send them to me. PM me and I will give you my email if that is easier. I think I am really liking the White w/out the stripes. Would love to see some different angles. Thanks!! Good Luck with her.

Here's a few more. And thanks !

image-2.jpg
image-3.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel