The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Really enjoying the " Build Threads" and it appears TMO Members are keeping many small automotive businesses very busy!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Nice to see a lot of the new members signing up , as well as some lurkers finding out how much fun and informative it is to post. One of the things that I have found amazing with those listing their build threads or commenting on what they have recently done on their cars is it is obvious TMO Members are doing their part supporting business in the US of A! Cabin Fever has reached a fever pitch and many are able to get back on track under safe conditions. I have been really impressed with the stringent rules NASA has outlined and set up for their Regions. One should feel quite safe , as much as we can under the Virus Conditions, going to one of their events for HPDE, Time Trials or Racing.

Since so many are making small and large improvements on their Stangs please check with the TMO Sponsors below ( some even offer TMO discounts ). I am old fashioned and if I order something I don't want to talk to someone who needs to get a manager or is asking me for a part number for a common Mustang part , and that is likely why I and many others have had great luck with the guys listed below -- virtually all them have or have had Mustangs on track.

Do check out Apex Rims, Forgeline Rims, Vorshlag, Optimum Performance, KNS Brakes, Cortex, Autoblip, Archetype Racing, Paul's Automotive Engineering, and Hooked on Driving.

Using the links for TireRack, Ebay, or Amazon also helps, as TMO gets a very small commission from that link, but easy to help the Forum using these guys, and as we know every little bit helps.

I have personally used Apex, Forgeline, Vorshlag , Optimum Performance, and TireRack over the years and I have had very professional chats with Cortex and Archetype Racing about future purchases. What I enjoyed , is for the folks you call , they are courteous and interested to find out you are calling from TMO. From over 30 years in the Automotive Business , both myself and the main company I worked for wanted to be able to get quick and quality service from companies we dealt with. When issues would arise we wanted places that listened and we easily reached to keep our customers happy. I can sure vouch for the companies I have worked with through TMO and as noted I have been impressed with others I have contacted for future purchases.

Just putting my recommendations out there especially since these companies spend alot working on products for our cars, and I always like to know what the new cutting edge items are out there.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Nice to see a lot of the new members signing up , as well as some lurkers finding out how much fun and informative it is to post. One of the things that I have found amazing with those listing their build threads or commenting on what they have recently done on their cars is it is obvious TMO Members are doing their part supporting business in the US of A! Cabin Fever has reached a fever pitch and many are able to get back on track under safe conditions. I have been really impressed with the stringent rules NASA has outlined and set up for their Regions. One should feel quite safe , as much as we can under the Virus Conditions, going to one of their events for HPDE, Time Trials or Racing.

Since so many are making small and large improvements on their Stangs please check with the TMO Sponsors below ( some even offer TMO discounts ). I am old fashioned and if I order something I don't want to talk to someone who needs to get a manager or is asking me for a part number for a common Mustang part , and that is likely why I and many others have had great luck with the guys listed below -- virtually all them have or have had Mustangs on track.

Do check out Apex Rims, Forgeline Rims, Vorshlag, Optimum Performance, KNS Brakes, Cortex, Autoblip, Archetype Racing, Paul's Automotive Engineering, and Hooked on Driving.

Using the links for TireRack, Ebay, or Amazon also helps, as TMO gets a very small commission from that link, but easy to help the Forum using these guys, and as we know every little bit helps.

I have personally used Apex, Forgeline, Vorshlag , Optimum Performance, and TireRack over the years and I have had very professional chats with Cortex and Archetype Racing about future purchases. What I enjoyed , is for the folks you call , they are courteous and interested to find out you are calling from TMO. From over 30 years in the Automotive Business , both myself and the main company I worked for wanted to be able to get quick and quality service from companies we dealt with. When issues would arise we wanted places that listened and we easily reached to keep our customers happy. I can sure vouch for the companies I have worked with through TMO and as noted I have been impressed with others I have contacted for future purchases.

Just putting my recommendations out there especially since these companies spend alot working on products for our cars, and I always like to know what the new cutting edge items are out there.
I've already thanked Bill for being the welcoming committee, but thanks again. He was one of the first to reach out to me when I joined and he continues to do the same for everyone who joins. I know everyone appreciates you taking the tyme to set the tone Bill.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
@Bill Pemberton How much did @Ludachris pay you for that great post? HAHA.. Just messing with you man. Great post and valid points. I love seeing your input on the forum. Sometimes, I choose between your posts or squirrel videos in the morning with my coffee.
Right?

There aren't too many online communities with guys like Bill in them these days. Actually, it's pretty refreshing to see the way the majority of people here carry themselves. The regulars set the tone pretty well, which is nice.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ludachris actually never mentioned anything to me about the Sponsor , I felt compelled to drop a note because having been on Forums since the 90s, most of them look towards Sponsor only for money's sake , whereas TMO is fairly unique in it looks for quality companies and especially ones that are interested and knowledgeable of the product and willing to chat about it. Most are active on the site , more so than on some where you never hear from them ever and you wonder if they are actually invested or truly interested in your business. The two newest guys, Paul's Automotive and Archetype Racing have given us quick info on themselves and what they can do, and Archetype even jumped in almost immediately when we expressed a need for 13-14 canards/dive planes.

What is pleasant and fun about the site is folks come here to socialize and have fun, but in a good natured way and trolls and negative individuals are self policed -- no one is interested in those people. We want to genuinely hear about what others are doing , because for track guys all over the Country ( and overseas ) , what one group is doing may be unheard of in their area. As an example, for years in the Midwest at the Solo Nationals, many of us who had just bought the new hot ticket in tires, watched all the guys in California show up with a different brand and bingo we were behind before we started. This is where all the tech info, build posts, track videos, tire analysis, etc. comes in super handy, as many of us can find out what is working all over the World. I, like many others, are really enjoying the build sheets as it in a crazy way gives us a little insight into the owners tastes and often the comment is , " I did similar stuff to my car." That can lead to a conversation ( which I suggest more folks try as it is a quick way to compare what is working on similarly equipped machines ) and the next thing you know you are building a friendship that could lead to another Machinehead Track Sicko for you to hang out with - especially when going outside your normal area. I know the site has given me quite a few friends that make it more enjoyable at a road course or autocross , because you have someone to hang with, ask advice , check over their or your new mods, help each other if a problem arises ( and boy do they, ha), etc. Good example was being at the Ford and Mustang Roundup last year , when the number of TMO attendees numbered a whopping 24 , and at the 2018 event we only had 11. It is great to put a face on someone you have been corresponding with for months or years.

Keep it civil, but have fun, learn, and soak up the knowledge as you will find there is alot of solid information here. It is a pleasure that many who have been on the site for years welcome newcomers with courtesy and the true spirit of meeting a fellow Petrolhead. I have never seen someone use that phase , "What a goofy question, why don't you use the Search button?" This leads me to the realization that the enthusiasm here is different than a lot of Forums, because everyone seems to remember the joy and excitement of just getting a new ( to them ) Mustang. The willingness to help continues , because Forum members tend to carry this love of their Track Charriott over to helping for years and years to come - with that same attitude. Super technical guys find each other and many of us sit back and learn, and occasionally when it may get a tiny bit heated members calm down and politely move on, realizing we will not always agree. It rarely gets to a pissing match because no one here is interested in that , and we will likely ask them to move on, seldom having a moderator have to step in. I know the willingness to learn and change is what makes all of us better drivers, mechanics, and people since it is the one constant in life. Getting current and interesting information has been the lifeblood of this site and the more involved you get the more you will garner information. Using myself as an example , even though I have been doing some type of automotive racing since 1981, I had never heard of a cambered rear end ( a forte of our Sponsor Cortex ). Granted I have had alot of cars with independent suspensions or front wheel drive, but this was just one concept that came up for me on the site. There are many other items, and even a few tricks , but they came about because you and glean alot of info if you stay involved - and many folks just reach out to others as they really want to help those that do become good friends. By the way Cortex chatted with me for quite awhile educating me on their set up and it is one thing on my long term bucket list - good folks.

Last edited:

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have used products from "Most" of the sponsors. Not have a part that was anything less then stellar. Parts from Apex, AutoBlip, Cortex, Vorshlag, KNS Brake, Optimum (Thanks for being patient with me, Kelly) are all on my Boss. The other sponsors??? Give me time (And Money) I'll get to them also. LOL.

Bay Area
@Bill Pemberton I decided on squirrel videos today. HAHAHA. And you ask why? That's because I have a pet squirrel and have had him since his eyes were closed so I am leaning about their behaviors and how to make sure he has a happy life since he can not be released. But I'll get to your post later today. Have a good one and enjoy the final working days.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
@Bill Pemberton I decided on squirrel videos today. HAHAHA. And you ask why? That's because I have a pet squirrel and have had him since his eyes were closed so I am leaning about their behaviors and how to make sure he has a happy life since he can not be released. But I'll get to your post later today. Have a good one and enjoy the final working days.
Can I gather up all the squirrels in my backyard and send them to you? They are a real pain in the ass when it comes to veggie gardens, pool solar, and other things. :mad:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hell, Byron , I figured you were going to send me your squirrel video because you figured I was nuts,nha. Correct assumption, but one gets that way after two months of Covid Cabin Fever. Looking forward to you'd Sciuridae Film clips from the SF Bay!!!

PS- Most of the squirrels out here drive Chubby Curvettes!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good part is with the Nationals in Lincoln, Nebraska that has changed in the last decade and we see a lot of tire movements ahead of many folks now. We are the # 2 Corn State in the US, so you is right about those Combine tires being quite prevalent, but they were outlawed a few years back since they could drive right over the cones without any penalties!

TMO Supporting Vendors