The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Really enjoying these pop up ads since TMO got sold :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarcasm, in case it’s not obvious.

Not sure how the desktop site is working, but I mostly browse on mobile. It’s INFURIATING to have to close out an advertisement ribbon every time I open a new page. Cancer of the Internet.

I also noticed an change from an acceptable amount of ads (IMO) to more intrusive ad placement. I like to turn off the ad blocker on my favorite sites, but switched it back on here. I can still click the sponsored links with it on.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA

Not sure how the desktop site is working, but I mostly browse on mobile. It’s INFURIATING to have to close out an advertisement ribbon every time I open a new page. Cancer of the Internet.
Hey @Daegoba are you talking about the one that sticks to the bottom of the browser window? That one should only be displayed to non-logged in members. I’ll check to see why it’s not. Give me a chance to iron out the kinks.

All those who have over 500 posts (TMO Addicts) as well as Moderators should now see no ads besides the sponsor banners/ supporting vendors. Those who have less posts should see a similar amount of ads as before but in different locations. Those who are not logged in will see more ads than before.

In the V6L

Are you browsing on mobile with a browser or with Tapatalk or whatever the forum reading/posting app is? I've tried the app twice and both times I got rid of it within a day because it's a pipeline for ads and it burns your battery to the ground very quickly.

I too have my ad blocker turned off for this site and I haven't seen any changes.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Are you browsing on mobile with a browser or with Tapatalk or whatever the forum reading/posting app is? I've tried the app twice and both times I got rid of it within a day because it's a pipeline for ads and it burns your battery to the ground very quickly.

I too have my ad blocker turned off for this site and I haven't seen any changes.
You are a TMO Addict (over 500 posts), you will actually see fewer ads. Only the site sponsor banners.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA

Don’t get me started on Tapatalk. I really don’t like various aspects of that app but I see some regulars here use it. Still putting thought into that.

TMO Supporting Vendors