The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

rear brake rotor replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Any wisdom as to what performance aftermarket rear rotor to go with?
I am using stock rear brakes with Hawk DC-60 pads.
The stock rotors have radial cracks across the entire swept surface.
It was probably luck alone that one of them did not explode.
Since the pads are aggressive, good or excellent performance with cost-effectiveness would be a bonus.
Thanks in advance for any replies!

I'm 2 years now on my rear stock rotors with the same DTC60 pads. I get over a dozen track days....maybe more on pads and 20-30 days on the rotors. Are you running with AdvanceTrac completely off? Do you have the 302R ABS module or the stock one? Do you have a picture of the cracks? I'm wondering if it's normal heat checking or something worse.

cloud9 said:
I'm 2 years now on my rear stock rotors with the same DTC60 pads. I get over a dozen track days....maybe more on pads and 20-30 days on the rotors. Are you running with AdvanceTrac completely off? Do you have the 302R ABS module or the stock one? Do you have a picture of the cracks? I'm wondering if it's normal heat checking or something worse.

Depending on the track, I get 1-2 days on front DC-70/Baer-R and about 4 days on rear DC-60 pads.
AdvanceTrac is gone as I have Motorsport ABS in the car.
I'll follow up with a pic when i get the car out of the trailer.
Thanks Buddy!
Lee.

lbp said:
Depending on the track, I get 1-2 days on front DC-70/Baer-R and about 4 days on rear DC-60 pads.
AdvanceTrac is gone as I have Motorsport ABS in the car.
I'll follow up with a pic when i get the car out of the trailer.
Thanks Buddy!
Lee.
Nice! Finally someone that's harder on stuff than me! Post pics when you have a chance.

TMO Supporting Vendors