The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear break caliper replacement - which one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesterday, while being at the garage, I saw that the sealing at one of the rear break calipers is damaged, so I am looking for a replacment (Boss 302 - 2012).

Does anyone know better rear break calipers than the OEM from Ford? I am looking only for rear break calipers which have the same size than the OEM ones, so that it is a simple take off and put on work. What I found so far is only the following part numbers from Ford (OEM):
DR3Z-2553-B - Caliper Left
DR3Z-2552-B - Caliper Right

But as said, I would like to buy better ones if available, even if they are more expensive.

cosm3os said:
Are you talking about the rubber dust boot that covers the caliper piston? If so, you can just rebuild the caliper.

Yes and that are great news, do you know which parts I need for the rebuild and where I can buy them?

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Good idea to rebuild, and unless you are making substantial upgrades to the calipers in front the stock rears will serve you well.

-Pete

TMO Supporting Vendors