The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear Half Shaft grease leaking?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFW, TX
While my car was at Vorshlag I stopped by while the car was on the lift...

"What is this undercoating on the emergency brake cable???? Oh... that's not undercoating...."

The outer seal/clamp isn't up to snuff and I have grease all over the inside of the wheel and the rear suspension arms.

I've heard this has happened to at least one other car, so go check your car.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Happened to my '16 GT too, drivers side, we discovered it at Mid Ohio Cut right where the band clamp is crimped, repaired it with electrical tape and zip ties at the track, fixed it with RTV after I got home. Not leaking anymore. I have a spare set of axles that are part of my track day back ups. Wont let dealer fix it, they would screw up something else changing it.
Steve

Mine's not leaking yet but I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the tip.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel