The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

rear lc relocation brackets.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ny
had my fr500c at cobra auto there suspension guy stated my rear lower control arm angle is off . I see ford sells relocation brackets are these for changing the lc angle. I change the fr500 controls arms to hiem/alum sweg tube set up. thanks chris

They should work if that's what you're asking.

"Off" is relative. Changing the geometry will change the balance and handling.

Don't put a heim joint in the 3rd lnkl.

ny
by compliance you mean movement? my old 69/70 boss 302 we used mono ball/heim joints every where. I can't see solid 3rd link hurting grip. as long as its not binding and you have free travel. the boss 302r lrc are mono balled and center link is same . but difference is these cars use cortex racing watts links .
the car is ex rehagen/kohr fr500c car. this is not a sunday tracker Monday driver.
what was explained to me was the lrc needs to be more +angle than stock 5.5 degree negative angle. this is fine for drag racing but road race cars require more of a + angle and this is what I think the FRPP relocation bracket do. I have spec sheet this wasn't 150$ wheel alignment ,laser tabled 4 corner/cross weighted caster, camber,toe, bumpsteer,rear pinion angle ,rears track every adjustable spots were all checked. and all specs came from rehagen/kohr also jim seafuse .

but I will bring the original center link when I go to the glen if it feels funky.
thanks chris

Try swapping out the Monoball 3rd link to a small diameter rubber 3rd link like the Roush one from one session to another. Youll be blown away with the rear grip difference.

All the fast guys racing FR500C & 302Rs never ran Monoball 3rd links, including Andrew Aquilante who posts here.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Try swapping out the Monoball 3rd link to a small diameter rubber 3rd link like the Roush one from one session to another. Youll be blown away with the rear grip difference.

All the fast guys racing FR500C & 302Rs never ran Monoball 3rd links, including Andrew Aquilante who posts here.

I thought it wasn't allowed?

@ajaquilante @blacksheep-1

Grant 302

In PWC you have to run stock pickup points and specified parts, I'm not sure about T1 specs, the thing is I don't believe anyone wanted to change because the car worked so well, at Laguna Seca we ran the Sprint race with Kurt and AJ and finished 7th overall (class win) against Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches ..whatever else in GT.

The Multimatic 3rd link came on the Boss 302R standard. In the CTSC rules it used to be you could run any bushings as long as it wasn't a spherical, unless it was approved part. You could always run a OEM part.

Grant 302

Thanks, AJ. So that's what you used with the OEM rubber on the axle side for CTSC? Same for PWC?

Anyway, that's one reason why I've stuck with small rubber bushings in the trailing arms (Eibach) instead of heim joints. First for compliance with street use, and I figured if the 302R didn't use them that *I* certainly didn't need to.

ny
rehagen had stock bushing in the 3rd link axle only the link it self has McLaren tag and the bushing on chassis side is a massive polymer I think ford motorsport.
when did the boss 302s change over there lca to spherical joints.
I do understand the imsa on other rules didn't allow spherical joints/bushing if not built that way,but I am under no rules .

great thread by the way. thanks chris

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel