The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

rear lc relocation brackets.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ny
ok so we sort of know rules excluded spherical bearings. now if they can be used will it hurt performance?

ny
stuntman thanks for the input but like a child we have learn, parts are already installed. steeda rear end bearing ,roush 3rd link and bracket,
I ran 69 70 boss 302 for 29 yrs . we locked that rear as best we could .
the panhard in the fr500c was removed cortex watts link installed ,the fr500c lca were removed roush lca installed the tube were changed out for 3/4 sweg aluminum tubes ( this car is heavy my original 69/70 trans am boss 302 weight was 3050 at Watkin glen when scale was there.) I am trying to put this car on a diet! oh by the way the original ta was tasca ford dean gregsons car . not a street car .
I could not stand the panhard bar driving this car .to jerky for me.
I will bring the center link and as you say if it goes to $Hit I will mail you 6 pack of your choose. chris

ny
ok got back from WGI car handled like a dream. rear suspension was fine .here what was done prior
3rd link is roush boxed spherical bearing -steeda bearing in rear side
lca are roush heim joints tubes changed to alum
cortex watts link race heim joints everywhere

never felt the push pull of the track bar ,car planted and rear was smooth follow thru.

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
You need some compliance in the 3rd link, otherwise you'll greatly hurt rear grip.
Are you talking about hard, sudden throttle application here, where the compliance would have to be in the tensile direction of the UCA to take some of the shock out of that throttle application?

Or is there some other limit involved?

I haven't actually needed to do anything about the UCA in my car yet. But its OE bushings are getting old so I would like to know what the objections might be to various aftermarket options involving sphericals. I'm not interested in poly/poly or similar.

Norm

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
In for that answer as well.

In a turn, I think that heim joint(s) in the third link make the axle side move in more of an arc since the arm is relatively short...axle tube would also roll forward, change pinion angle, and 'upset' the rear more than two rubber bushings would. It would be a lot of extra movement through even one bump/rebound cycle.

TMO Supporting Vendors