The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear lower control arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Anyone have a good HOWTO for replacing the stock RLC arms with adjustable (eibach) ones or similar?

The install is a self evident easy job. Remove 4 bolts, replace four bolts and relocate your e brake cable. The tricky part will be the length you choose. You need the car on a level surface. Then you need to measure your pinion angle. I've always set them up a -3 degrees. It's going to be difficult crawling back and forth and adjustinting the LCA's. But it can be done. I went with non adjustabels on my Boss. The car has stock springs. I was led to believe if I lowered the car the UCA would address the problem.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Its pretty easy to swap them out. I left the car on ramps and swapped them out without even removing the tires. I would start with stock length and go from there. Myself I went with non adjustable lowers. I have an adjustable upper that I am going to install. going to set mine to -3 as well. I have a one piece driveshaft. I figure its easier to adjust one arm instead of two as making them both equal can be a pain.

TMO Supporting Vendors