The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

rear rotor question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
LONG shot on this one but one time I ordered a set of Centric front rotors that had been miscast; one of the discs had solid metal in about a quarter of the vent slots inside the disc. I didn't use it because I knew it would cause an imbalance.

You might take your wheels off and see if you can shine a light through the vertical portion of the disc to see if everything looks normal or if there is some sort of blockage causing an imbalance.

Silver LS - that is weird because I ran 19x10 Ford Racing Boss 302S wheels at all four corners with zero issues.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Re: Boss 302s wheel

Silver LS said:
Bought a Boss 302s wheel to use on as a spare on my 2012 LS and it would not fit the hub. Any one know why?

Should fit right on. Is the hub rusted? If so, clean it.

Re: Boss 302s wheeel

This thing is way off. It is 18x8.5 That seems small for a race wheel. I am beginning to think it was miss advertised the seller on ebay was really flaky.
I got a 18x9 SVE drift wheel and it works great. Tighter than stock but fits.

Re:Boss 302S wheel

It is a BBS wheel Part Number R6406. I can not find any information on what it fits. There is one left on ebay Don't anyone buy it. It is advertised to fit. Kristin is the seller.

TMO Supporting Vendors