The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

rear rotor recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

any recommendations out there in BMO-land for rear rotor replacement for track (only) use?
tia (thanks in advance)

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
What are you running up front ? What's your budget ? KNS has a nice selection and good pricing with free shipping. Have used them and like them. Call and talk with them, many times they will give a better deal then what is on line.
http://www.knsbrakes.com/c/car-items/337_2012+Ford+Mustang+Boss+302

Domestic Product said:
What are you running up front ? What's your budget ? KNS has a nice selection and good pricing with free shipping. Have used them and like them. Call and talk with them, many times they will give a better deal then what is on line.
http://www.knsbrakes.com/c/car-items/337_2012+Ford+Mustang+Boss+302

Thanks Buddy!
- Do you happen to know if DBA makes a 5000 series rear for the 302?

lbp said:
Thanks Buddy!
- Do you happen to know if DBA makes a 5000 series rear for the 302?
Lee, they don't make the 5000 for the rear. I do have 4000s on the rear now and they're holding up remarkably well. I gave up on the 5000s up front because they either warp or crack within 2-3 track days (DTC70s) versus the stockers that last at least 6-10 days and cost less than half of a set of replacement rings.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
cloud9 said:
Lee, they don't make the 5000 for the rear. I do have 4000s on the rear now and they're holding up remarkably well. I gave up on the 5000s up front because they either warp or crack within 2-3 track days (DTC70s) versus the stockers that last at least 6-10 days and cost less than half of a set of replacement rings.

+1 I am done with DBA and their cracking issues. Seemed like a good product but the Ford rotors outlast them by 3 times and cost a 1/3 as much. That is a 900% cost saving vs. a 1% performance gain due to weight savings. For a 2 piece rotor to be crack resistant it needs to be a true floater, most of these including the DBA are solidly bolted and the material difference between aluminum hats and cast iron rings causes cracks due to differential expansion and cooling rates.
Steve

steveespo said:
+1 I am done with DBA and their cracking issues. Seemed like a good product but the Ford rotors outlast them by 3 times and cost a 1/3 as much. That is a 900% cost saving vs. a 1% performance gain due to weight savings. For a 2 piece rotor to be crack resistant it needs to be a true floater, most of these including the DBA are solidly bolted and the material difference between aluminum hats and cast iron rings causes cracks due to differential expansion and cooling rates.
Steve

Steve, I've seen disparate material issues before!!
Thanks for the heads up.
- Have you heard anything about Girodisc?
(I have some rears coming - hope it is a true floater!!)
thx buddy.
Lee.

TMO Supporting Vendors