The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear Seat Delete Options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
The best would be the Laguna Seca, just not sure it will work with my new roll bar and it is pricey.
The $129 ebay one is not an option, too many negative reviews about cheap quality.
The Schrader one is nice, but a little steep in cost but still the front runner.
Has anyone had experience with this one?
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/RSD-2005H-BLK/Mustang-Coupe-Rear-Seat-Delete-Black
I would hate to buy it only to realize it is the same as the ebay one, just more money.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
if you want something different then just some plywood and carpet check this place out
http://www.kdezines.com/
and this one is made of 1/2" mdf and has a cut out for storage
http://www.kdezines.com/MustangParts/RearSeatDeleteKits/2005CurrentMustangs/20052009MustangCoupeRearSeatDeleteKit

Tulsa, OK
I have the Schrader rear seat delete. It's a little spendy but the quality is great. Looks really nice in the car too.

Here's the best picture I have of mine

9E9-85CC138EA364-9418-0000075D277C786D_zpsd7ada15c.jpg

Here is a pic of mine. Homemade with 1/2 plywood for a base (which will hold a lot if needed) and 1/4 paneling (mdf?) on the back side covered in cheap carpet. Got about $30 to $40 in to it. Just don't count my labor!

1012558.jpg

Justin

06mach pretend we (ie me) do not have any as in zero wood working tools. Wouldnt a DIY delete kit be a not so cheap way to go? (granted I havent priced saws and jig saws and all that so it might not be that expensive)

Justin said:
06mach pretend we (ie me) do not have any as in zero wood working tools. Wouldnt a DIY delete kit be a not so cheap way to go? (granted I havent priced saws and jig saws and all that so it might not be that expensive)

Tools I used for the job was a jig saw, drill and a 10" table saw, of which both I already had. I would think had I only a circular saw instead of the table saw, I still could have made it. If not, probably the cost of those tools may get you into the cost of a rear seat delete already manufactured?

Justin

06mach1 said:
Tools I used for the job was a jig saw, drill and a 10" table saw, of which both I already had. I would think had I only a circular saw instead of the table saw, I still could have made it. If not, probably the cost of those tools may get you into the cost of a rear seat delete already manufactured?
yeah that is what I was thinking. I like the one I listed as it has room for a storage compartment. honestly I dont think I would be all that great at making one lol. it would probably end up looking like I had a 13 year in first year shop class make it lol.

DEye

You can't get there from here...
Another option is to make yourself a good diagram of what you need, take it to you local home depot cut shop and have them cut it up!

TMO Supporting Vendors