The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear seat delete - X brace kit FRPP now under 1k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlmust said:
:) Installing it today :)
Post up photos of the install. Are you painting the brace CO?

this is my next mod. my back seat is usless. painting xbrace white too.

1 question does the bottom piece that covers the now missing seat hang over at all? my drivers seat is crushing into the rear seat i want to make sure i won't destroy this piece.

I installed it myself, i own and operate a sm autobody collision shop. It took me about 2hrs, The next one would probably take about an hour ! you need to be mechanically inclined to do it. Instructions are so so !

jlmust said:
I installed it myself, i own and operate a sm autobody collision shop. It took me about 2hrs, The next one would probably take about an hour ! you need to be mechanically inclined to do it. Instructions are so so !

Gotcha, I do all my own auto work so that doesn't scare me, it's the knowing how to take out the plastic panels without breaking any clips or plastic screws etc.. I've broken many of those over the years! Do all the panels in the back just pop out, or is there some tricks I need to know?

JTRATX said:
Gotcha, I do all my own auto work so that doesn't scare me, it's the knowing how to take out the plastic panels without breaking any clips or plastic screws etc.. I've broken many of those over the years! Do all the panels in the back just pop out, or is there some tricks I need to know?

Also did you need to remove the front Recaro's for the install?

No ! but It would be easier if your a big guy like me :) because your stepping in and out of the back area. I would for sure pull the front seats the on the next one or at least the passenger one as thats the side thats makes it easier to get in and out of.

Removing the sill panels, you need to pull up on them really hard,hard to even get your fingerd under them to grab them,4 clips and they also have two way tape,That was about the hardest thing i wasn't sure about and had to re search it.then you'll have to remove the spring clips from the rockers and reinstall them in the sills before reinstalling them on the car.

JTRATX said:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel