The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear seat delete - X brace kit FRPP now under 1k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/frpp-2011-2013-mustang-rear-seat-delete-kit-x-brace-513810/

Check it out here from LevittownFordSuperCenter.com. $935. They sell Ford parts from the dealer pretty cheap. If they dont have something listed I think you can contact them and he will find it for you as long as its a Ford part.
http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-mustang-rear-seat-delete-brace-p-1229.html

I called and it appears it's a complete kit. Because it was just released they don't have the install instructions available yet but they should be up in the next week. I'd wait to see the instructions but the rep is 99.9% sure it's the complete kit.

Here's the link.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22836

- Fits 2011-2013 Mustang GT Coupe
- Original equipment on 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- Includes X-Brace, Trunk-end trim panel and center luggage cover
- No cutting or welding required
- Kit includes all hardware

jeepinocala said:
Why not just get a cooltech roll bar setup the cost is pretty close?

Doesn't the cooltech rollbar require drilling into the car?

That would be the reason I wouldn't do it.

Man, I am tempted to get the rear seat delete kit. I have a 2013 Race Red Boss, and that would look awesome. The back seat never gets used in my car anyway.

I'm a little skeptical that any weight is saved as claimed. Has anyone actually weighed the rear seat vs. this kit?

Mark, hard to tell from that photo as it simply looks like the red was desaturated to a grayish hue. Is the new offering the other Boss LS factory color?

2013-ford-mustang-boss-302-laguna-seca.jpg

Or is it a new hue?

Tob

Doesn't the cooltech rollbar require drilling into the car?

That would be the reason I wouldn't do it.

Man, I am tempted to get the rear seat delete kit. I have a 2013 Race Red Boss, and that would look awesome. The back seat never gets used in my car anyway.

I'm a little skeptical that any weight is saved as claimed. Has anyone actually weighed the rear seat vs. this kit?

Regarding our Cool Tech Roll Bar, we ask that you drill (4) 5/16" holes through a single sheetmetal layer in order to assemble the rear tower brace that is incorporated into the roll bar design. If you look at your OEM Boss, in the area of the rear shock tower, you will see that there is already a hole in the trunk-side sheetmetal - leaving only a single layer to be drilled. Inside the wheel well, we supply a 3/16" backing plate and Grade 8 hardware. These are the only holes that are drilled in the installation process.

With the introduction of the LS RSD kit at a reasonable price through FRPP, we have already sold 5 combo-kits to non-LS owners. In these cases, we have sandblasted the red RSD x-brace and coated it in the same color as the roll bar. They have come out fantastic and I believe we will see the install pics by members on the forum soon.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the kit.My rear seat has never been touched.No room and actually a danger if you had to take someone out in a accident.All bosses should have had a choice ( option ) when ordering to delete or not.Thats my opinion.

Does anyone know if the seat cover portion can hold some tires? Right now I have to fold the seats down to slide the tires through but obviously cant do that with the brace. I dont have an option for a tow vehicle here. :( I'm guessing I'd have to put two in the trunk and two on the seat delete kit.

TMO Supporting Vendors