The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

REAR SPOILER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Try fishing line. And your shift button appears to be stuck.

Or is it already off? In which case something like GooGone will get the residue off.

Fishing line and floss won't cut it. I used a small nylon string and it cut the tape like butter. It's the string from Home Depot that they use every year to tie my Christmas tree to the top of my van. Put down blue tape around the spoiler so you don't scratch the paint surface. It took me five minutes to remove my spoiler.

Anyone seen this spoiler in person?

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/RTR-600205/Mustang-Rtr-Aluminum-Rear-Spoiler

Kind of like from the pics, but never seen one.

GA
5 DOT 0 said:
Fishing line and floss won't cut it. I used a small nylon string and it cut the tape like butter. It's the string from Home Depot that they use every year to tie my Christmas tree to the top of my van. Put down blue tape around the spoiler so you don't scratch the paint surface. It took me five minutes to remove my spoiler.

When you cut the tape, did you pull it up toward the spoiler as you went across? Can you elaborate on the technique?

I pulled up one end and used the string like a saw. When I hit the first bolt I lifted the spoiler and inserted the string past the bolt. Be sure to put blue tape down on either side of the spoiler and be careful to only use enough sawing action to cut through the tape so you don't scratch the paint under the spoiler. I tried fishing line and a hair dryer and they didn't work. Once I started using this string the spoiler was off within five minutes.

CaliMR said:
Anyone seen this spoiler in person?

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/RTR-600205/Mustang-Rtr-Aluminum-Rear-Spoiler

Kind of like from the pics, but never seen one.

ewwwww, I like!!!! Might add this to my wish list along with the RTR wheels. My wish list has gotten pretty long thanks to 5 DOT 0 ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors