The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

rear suspenison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a set of Eibach pro r-2 coil overs, and what i noticed is that one side is maxed out where the pass the passenger side still has 19mm to go. I also have steeda watts link as well as their upper n lower adjustable control arms. When i brought back to the dealership they said it is because that the way the car sits with the watts link. My eyes rolled. Could that be true?

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
bigh3410 said:
I have a set of Eibach pro r-2 coil overs, and what i noticed is that one side is maxed out where the pass the passenger side still has 19mm to go.

What is maxed out? Ride-height adjustment? Can you elaborate?

FWIW coilovers should not be equal in their adjustment between left/right and corner to corner.
The whole purpose is to corner balance the car and ensure that the weight being placed on each wheel is relatively close to one another.

Once a car has been corner balanced, you will find that the ride heights will be different all around. This is expected.
For example, to compensate for a driver in the car (but no passenger -- ie: what one expects the car to be like during track use), the front left and rear right corners are weighted more heavily. To compensate, the rear left and front right must be increased in ride height to balance this out.

So in short, yes, you will find that a properly adjusted setup will have different collar heights for each coilover (assuming your car has been corner balanced--which I would expect to be the case, since you purchased coilovers).

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I would not expect 19mm of difference between sides. I would disconnect the watts bars and sway bar end links and reset the ride height. I think some part is tweaking the suspension and forcing more weight to one side.

Yes the ride height is maxed out! Thank you for your comments PF. I try what you said and see whats happens! This forum is the best for newbies like myself!

TMO Supporting Vendors