The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear Tail Lights - Track only flashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I'm looking to swap out my '12 LS OEM incandescent tail lights with LED units and a flash module. I see some options online but it looks like they all are DOT approved and have delay circuits, etc. What I'd like is whatever is used in racing circles. A bypass capability to disable flashing in the rare event that I do take the car on the street to the shop would also be nice.

Any ideas ?

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Jimmy, You probably are 100% correct, I was making an assumption since they aren't as 'stylish' as the LED's on the '13. I never actually opened up the brake light assemblies. If that's the case, they aren't very bright. Still, I need a flasher unit to control L/R side.I don't care much about the center brake light flashing.

PeteInCT said:
Jimmy, You probably are 100% correct, I was making an assumption since they aren't as 'stylish' as the LED's on the '13. I never actually opened up the brake light assemblies. If that's the case, they aren't very bright. Still, I need a flasher unit to control L/R side.I don't care much about the center brake light flashing.

I usually try to cite authoratative sources, but I don't have the time this second. Personally, I thought the same as you, but was then tipped-off when watching in-car video of WC racing last year and I could see the blinky-blinky thing that LED lights do on video. Somebody here will know.

TMO Supporting Vendors