The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear Tow Loop Options ‘12 Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am looking for a rear tow loop for ‘12 Boss. Since Blowfish is not an option and I don’t see a Ford Performance bumper bar on the typical websites (FP, Kohr, Watson) what are the remaining choices?

I am looking for a rear tow loop for ‘12 Boss. Since Blowfish is not an option and I don’t see a Ford Performance bumper bar on the typical websites (FP, Kohr, Watson) what are the remaining choices?
Little pricy, but here’s this From Watson racing.

Utah
My car has two Vorshlag hooks on the lower control arm mount on the rear axle. One on each side. Seems to pass tech for TT.

On my previous car I bought the FRPP parts off eBay for the rear how hook and welded that onto the stock inner bumper. Not a difficult job and really cheap.

IMG_3708.JPG

IMG_3707.JPG

8C112452-C73B-4C55-BE41-B076B1D4C345.jpeg

My car has two Vorshlag hooks on the lower control arm mount on the rear axle. One on each side. Seems to pass tech for TT.

On my previous car I bought the FRPP parts off eBay for the rear how hook and welded that onto the stock inner bumper. Not a difficult job and really cheap.

View attachment 84456

View attachment 84457

View attachment 84461
The weld on the OE bumper bar seems like a good solution. Blowfish bolt-on came through the center of license plate area and was completely concealed with the plate.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Unfortunately. the S197 is old enough now that some of the options we used to have are no longer in production. If I was doing tow hooks now I would probably look at ZL1-Addons.

Unfortunately. the S197 is old enough now that some of the options we used to have are no longer in production. If I was doing tow hooks now I would probably look at ZL1-Addons.
It does seem as though some parts aren’t available for S197’s as they age. It makes sense as Ford can sunset service support. I sold my Boss that had Blowfish front and rear tow hooks, those were good products. I am shopping for a 2011-14 chassis to build a streetable track car and replacing some of these unobtainable parts presents added challenges.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
It does seem as though some parts aren’t available for S197’s as they age. It makes sense as Ford can sunset service support. I sold my Boss that had Blowfish front and rear tow hooks, those were good products. I am shopping for a 2011-14 chassis to build a streetable track car and replacing some of these unobtainable parts presents added challenges.
The S197 has been out of production for nearly 10 years now. Many of the Ford Performance parts are no longer available. Blowfish has gone out of business and Cool Tech discontinued their S197 offerings. I am sure there are others that have reduced their S197 offerings as demand has declined. I wish you luck in finding suitable parts for your current project

The S197 has been out of production for nearly 10 years now. Many of the Ford Performance parts are no longer available. Blowfish has gone out of business and Cool Tech discontinued their S197 offerings. I am sure there are others that have reduced their S197 offerings as demand has declined. I wish you luck in finding suitable parts for your current project
Thanks, I seem to remember from other threads you make it to Gingerman. If you do I will say hello, that is my new home track.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel